January 06, 2010

2009 Survey!

1.What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? Gave birth to a princess!

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I dont do New Year's resolutions. I just try to change things when I feel like it!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My best friend Lindsey gave birth to Lidia's boyfriend, London, in March. I don't recommend watching someone give birth while you are pregnant with your first child... torture.

4. Did anyone close to you die? I was not personally close to him but Lidia's uncle (her father's brother) died two months before she was born. I wish she could have met him and I know she would have been close to him but I know he's watching over her :)

5. What places did you visit? Kansas City for a wedding, Rapid City to see Father Todd, and Minneapolis to see Grandma/Grandpa Ustrud.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? SLEEP!

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? July 11th... duh!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Being the best mommy I know how to be!

9. What was your biggest failure? Getting frustrated at certain wakings during the night... I need to cherish those one-on-one times with my leading lady!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Did you read my last post???? Many, many, many falls but nothing serious!

11. What was the best thing you bought? Lidia's princess crib

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My mom's. Couldn't have made it through the year without her!!!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I plead the 5th.

14. Where did most of your money go? Ohana's I'm sure... thanks to Lacie!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Lidia's Milestones: baby showers, feeling her kick in my tummy, giving birth, her rolling over, smiling, sitting, eating solids... everything to do with Lidia of course!

16. What song will always remind you of 2009? Steph dancing to "Single Ladies" at Uncle Buck's on Lacie's birthday. She was a spitting image of Beyonce! Go Steph!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? HAPPIER
b) thinner or fatter? the same... didn't gain much weight with Lidia
c) richer or poorer? the same

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Taken more pictures... If that's possible!

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worry

20. How did you spend Christmas in 2009? I spent it with my wonderful family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009? Yes yes yes! With two people :)

22. What was your favorite TV program? One Tree Hill, Big Brother, Gossip Girl, The Hills, Desperate Housewives...

23. What did you do for your birthday in 2009? Ohana's and then bedtime for pregnant me!

24. What was the best book you read? What to Expect When You're Expecting, Belly Laughs

25. What did you want and get? a healthy, happy baby

26. What did you want and not get? Less drama

27. What was your favorite film of this year? The Hangover

28. Did you make some new friends this year? Always

29.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? I can't imagine anything that could have made my year better!

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Sweats and tshirts were my guilty pleasure!

31. What kept you sane? Lidia's smile and Matthew

32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Dane Cook... Love him!

33. What political issue stirred you the most? I stay away from politics.

34. Who did you miss? My dad

35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.

God is in control of EVERYTHING.
...and...

You can't change anyone.
...and...

I've always tried to please/be friends with/care about everybody's feelings but some people just can't be pleased. Those people aren't worth anyone's time or effort if they don't make you worth theirs.

(I learned a lot huh?)

No comments :