April 15, 2010

I found you! Ms. New Booty...

Well, we survived!!!! Ok, I wasn't the one going in for surgery, but you know what I mean! She was a trooper before, during, and after surgery. She didn't cry ONCE and neither did I! I don't know how many times I've said this in the last 24 hours, but I seriously have an angel baby. We had to be at the surgery center at 6:15, and she didn't go back for surgery until about 8:00. So my little princess, (who hadn't eaten since midnight) was waiting around for 2 hours and was an angel. She played, crawled around, flirted with boys, and didn't fuss until the last 15 minutes or so! When the nurse came for the hand-off, it went smoother than expected and then we headed off to the waiting room. She was only out of my arms for about ten minutes total. Before the nurse came in to get us to see Lidia, the doctor came out to talk to us. My heart dropped. There were about 4 other little ones under the age of one getting the same surgery, and the doctor didn't come to talk to them. I started freaking! What is wrong with Lidia!?! But, he came out to say everything went smoothly and there was A TON of fluid behind her ears and he was glad this was taken care of. I sat there confused as to why he came to talk to only me but then I felt glad and blessed that he did. A few minutes later, we were called back to recovery and as soon as I walked through the doors, I saw the light of my life just cuddling with one of the nurses. All the other babies were screaming but there was not one peep from her. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but she actually didn't come to me right away! IT WAS A FIRST! She just snuggled in the nurses arms until I snatched her! HAHA! After that, the rest is history. We were in recovery for less than ten minutes and headed home to cuddle! She took a long nap in the morning to wear off the anesthesia, but then was ready to play the rest of the day! Like I said before, she's an angel baby and I couldn't be more blessed.Notice the marks right by her little boobies?! Those are marks left from the monitors they had on her yesterday. My poor nugget with her sensitive skin! And now for the photo shoot this morning...




7 comments :

Shannon said...

She's just precious! Glad everything went well. Oh and my hubby calls GG his little nugget too!

Mrs. D said...

I'm so glad everything went well! She is SOOOO sweet & I love that first picture of her little bum!

Taylor @ The Undomestic Momma said...

glad it went well! she is just so stinkin cute!

Megan said...

So glad it all went well! She is such a doll.

Diana said...

She is so cute! Poor little thing, glad it went well for all of you!

Rockin Momma said...

I'm your new follower from UBP10! Visit me at http://www.rockindeals4you.com/?p=2029 and sign up for my giveaways!

Lindsey said...

So cute! Love the header of this post!! =)