April 06, 2010

"Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning."

I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter weekend!
It's official. Lidia has to get tubes in her ears one week from tomorrow. I am very glad and extremely nervous for this at the same time. I know this will help with her sleeping, (thank you Jesus!) and make her a much happier baby, (if that is possible) but I get nervous when I think about her getting the anesthetic. I get anxiety when I think about handing her over to the doctor and watching her walk away from me that morning. I know everything will be ok. I keep telling myself that but nothing is scarier then when you sign a form that goes over the side effects of this surgery and the last bullet point says DEATH. Ok, what?!!? Seriously, do they really have to put that on there?? I almost bolted out of the room at that point! Of course the description says there is basically a 0-1% chance of this happening but still. Who wants to sign something that says that?! I think Lidia wants me to sign it because she wants to start feeling better! She will be a brand new baby and I can't wait! But even though she currently has another double ear infection, yes, she's a little fussy but amazing all the same and still acts like this....
Buddah Milk Belly!
Saturday we had a fantastic Easter egg hunt at our new house! We had a great time playing outside, eating yummy food, and watching the kids chase after eggs and devour candy! But we couldn't get a good picture of the kids to save our lives....


Ramsey stealing Lidia's eggs...
But Lidia doesn't take crap from anyone!One of her first times in grass...
Not sure which she liked more... The eggs that made noise or the weird feeling grass!
...and I don't have any pictures of Lidia in her pretty Easter dress to show you yet. Why? Great story, my phone fell off the back of my car on our way to church on Sunday morning so no pictures there. Also, I left my camera at my uncle's house on Sunday so no pictures there either. I swear, I'd lose every limb in my body if they weren't attached right now! Mommy brain is in full force!
Oh yes, and you should click here! Let's make top 100... shouldn't be too hard! Maybe...
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

5 comments :

Christina said...

Cute :) And yes she will be fine! Let us know what date the surgery is scheduled for so we can say a prayer.

Meant to be a mom said...

Cute pictures. And I totally don't blame you for worrying or being nervous about the anesthesia. Your a mom, you should worry but I'm sure all will go well and she will be happy and ear infection clear after she gets them.

Shannon said...

Adorable pics! I'll say a prayer for your little one. And, that's a great quote...who said it? Happy Tuesday!

Kelly Escorcia said...

So glad to hear Lidia is geting tubes! A little scary but well worth it. They were life changing for Dylan. He hasn't had an infection since he got his tubes which has been amazing. I'm happy for all of you that Lidia will be feeling much better after no more ear infections. Sounds like you guys had some great Easter fun too, in your new house. I loved all the cute egg hunt pictures.

Stephanie said...

Found you via the UBP - Great blog! I had an ear tube put in as a grownup - the procedure was a bit scary (just 'cause it's surgery), but the results were heavenly. Prayers for success tomorrow!

My elder daughter was totally freaked out by grass when she was little - when we were working out in the front yard, all we had to do to keep her in one spot was to block off the end of the front walk - she stayed on the cement and wouldn't go on to the grass.