April 16, 2010

"I love her and that's the beginning of everything..."

Dear Baby Carly,
We finally agreed on a name!! Let's mark this down. You will be here in less than 15 weeks, (hopefully) and you are no longer Roger! Little miss Carly Joelle. Your middle name is after your Aunt Ami Jo. We switched it up a bit and went with Joelle and we love it! I looked at your ultrasound picture this morning and said your name to you for the first time. It felt right and then you did a little kick..err..punch in my tummy. No joke! You know who you are and I am so happy. Everyone that looks at your picture knows you will look just like your dad... you have his nose that's for sure. When I first saw you, I thought, "At least I have one mini-me!" AKA your big sister Lidia that will take care of you and love you so much too. Now, when I look at your picture, I thank God that you will look just like your dad because not only is he really really good looking, but you are a piece of him. So everytime I look at you, I will see him and I couldn't ask for more than that. I love him, I love you, I love Lidi, and all of us can't wait for you to be here! WE LOVE YOU BABY GIRL! Keep on kicking and growing and putting smiles on our faces until we get to see yours!!
Love,
Momma
Also, Happy Friday Everyone!!
My weekend is dedicated to my beautiful bestie, Steph! I'm so excited to be apart of her amazing wedding this weekend!
Steph, you will be an amazing, gorgeous bride and I wish you and Jake the best! You two are beyond perfect for each other and will make it through anything. You don't need any advice from me, you two can move mountains. So don't be nervous, sit back and relax, and enjoy the best day and week of your life! I hope you have the best vacation/honeymoon ever, and come back ready to make me little nephews!! Soak it all in, love every minute with your HUSBAND, and come back with lots of pictures and stories! I love you. I love Jake. I'm so glad I met you 7 years ago and never let you leave my side! Oh yeah, and don't let him convince you to not come back from that warm weather! We need you back! And hurry!
  • "When you meet someone who can cook and do housework--don't hesitate a minute--marry him!"
  • "We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."
  • "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
  • "This day I will marry my friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, and love."
  • "Marriage is not a noun; it's a verb. It isn't something you get. It's something you do. It's the way you love your partner every day."
  • "I love you, not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you."
And since we can't see Carly's pretty face yet, I'll leave you with someone else's...

3 comments :

Megan said...

Oh what a sweet post! Congrats on a name for the baby! Lidia is adorable, and I hope you have a great weekend, and enjoy the wedding!

Mrs. Hesson said...

Awwww what a sweet little note :)

Meant to be a mom said...

Such a sweet post. That message was something she can keep forever.
I love the name Carly by the way.