April 08, 2010

"Ohhh don't you be grumpy, when the road gets bumpy. Just smile, smile, smile and be happy..."

... or eat LOTS and LOTS of McDonald's like I do!

I wanted to talk about my precious Roger for a second... or a post. No, we still haven't come up with her name yet, so she's still Roger, and personally I love it. I feel like I haven't talked much about her on here, so I devote my day/post to her. First reason, because she has become very active. It hasn't been up until the last few days that I've felt her move almost every hour, and it's becoming real that I'm having another baby! With the not-so-great-week that I've been having, I think it's her sign to let me know that everything will be ok. I love my time with her on my drive to work. I crank up my music and sing (amazingly I might add) to her. I also love nighttime. Right before bed, I just lay there feeling her kick and thank God for her before I fall asleep. I remember doing this with Lidia and it's just a great feeling and connection to have with your baby. The second reason I devote my post to her, is because as I speak or write, I am having to fast. Ugh. No food for fatty Mcfat pants that just wants some stinkin' Mcdonald's breakfast! I have my glucose screening this morning and I can't eat for two hours before it. In about one hour, I have to down this "amazing sugar water glucose drink" and then head off to my appointment.

I am 24 weeks pregnant as of yesterday and feeling pretty good. She is about 11 inches long, (about the length of a foot-long Chicago hot dog) and weighs about 1.25 to 1.5 pounds.
Like I said before, she is becoming a lot more active. Family besides me, are now able to feel her move and I love sharing that with them. Sleep has actually been pretty good lately. I have to sleep with a pillow wedged in between my legs to stay comfortable, but I'm not restless anymore like I was the last few weeks. I am starting to get up in the middle of the night, at least twice to go to the bathroom, but I doze right back to sleep afterwards. So all in all, things are going pretty smoothly. I have her crib, bedding, and decorations for her room. All I need to do is paint and get the dresser and we should be set! I can't wait to get her room put together!! I think Lidia may be a bit jealous that her little sister is going to have a cuter/more vintage room than her. She has to have something special though right?!? She will have all of Lidia's old clothes, toys, etc. I think Lidia will understand...

... and just because I can't help myself and because she's been my rock the past few days...

3 comments :

Christina said...

AH McDonald's! We totally had it for dinner last night. :)

Juliana said...

What an exciting time!! I cannot even think about how many trips my husband made to taco bell during my pregnancy ha ha!

Meant to be a mom said...

I miss all the crazy pregnancy cravings and weird things that happen. That's nice that your sleeping good. :)
You'll have to post some pics of the room when you get it all done.