May 12, 2010

Acting a fool

Why yes, that would be this little girl... ahem... or do I mean my little BOY that gets into EVERYTHING!!

Last night she slept from 6:30pm until 7am! WHAAAAA?!?! She usually goes to bed at 8:30!!! She also enjoys taking naps on the couch like this??? and using THAT hideous blanket!

We found her sitting in the living room the other morning focused on cartoons on the t.v. Is this the same child that wouldn't sit still for even a lick of yummy ice cream?!

But even though she's changing into a 10 month old as of yesterday, and becoming more of a toddler and not my little baby... She's still my precious, sassy, hilarious, gorgeous little girl! I told her last night, "I couldn't love you more!" She head butted me, went "MMMM!!!," and then gave me a kiss and a smile. I said, "I take it back!" I love her more each day.

Speaking of love love love...
This is how my Mother's Day started off:


I woke up to sweet little letters from Matt and the girls all over the house and a big Happy Mother's Day sign in the bathroom. I jumped in the bathtub for a relaxing bath and Matt made me breakfast. Got ready, played with Lidia, then headed to my parent's house for brunch. We ate, then headed into the living room to open Mother's day presents. My mom and Matt's mom loved their Grandma's Rock necklaces from Glitter and Bliss and photo coasters.

Everyone thought we were done opening presents until Matt said he had one more for me in the car. He came back in with the sack I gave to my mom and Lidia's travel wipes container inside. The gift was not in the sack, it was in his hand. What I didn't notice was that he was on his knee the whole time I was rummaging through the sack. I saw the ring and the rest is history! He said the most perfect words, I said yes, I started giggling, then crying, then just staring at him. It was perfect and so is this...
Thanks to everyone for the congratulations!! If anyone has any ideas, helpful websites, etc. for wedding planning, I'd love to hear them! We are planning to get married by the end of the year and have a baby within that time so any help would be great!

7 comments :

Mrs. Hesson said...

It's beautiful! Congratulations. :)

Carol said...

Those pictures of her passed out on the couch are adorable, even with the blanket! Congratulations on your engagement! You have so many wonderful moments ahead of you!

Kati McDonald said...

Ahhh! yayyyyy Mrs. Britty Britt! Love you!

Meant to be a mom said...

Gorgeous ring!!!
And how sweet of your "Fiance" to put up that sign on mothers day. So cute.
I LOVE that pic of Lidia sleeping on the couch. So funny. She sounds like such a fun little girl.

Juliana said...

WOO HOO! Congrats and what an amazing post!! I love wedding planning and there are so many great sites online. I am excited to watch you go through this journey!!

Shell said...

What an adorable story!

CONGRATS!

Stopping by to welcome you to SITS!

Mitzi G.!! said...

What a sweet & wonderful story..........Congrats!