May 06, 2010

Mother's Day Mania! Birth Stories...

Photobucket
It's Mother's Day Mania over at My Little Life! Go check her out and join the festivities if you'd like! I think this is such a neat idea! She wanted to celebrate all the mothers out there by doing a little something each day this week in honor of Mother's Day and how much we do throughout the year! Sweet huh?! So today's topic is birth stories and I'd be glad to share Lidias!
It's not too exciting but here goes...

July 10th, 2009
12-2pm:
Walked the mall with my bff and sister.

6pm:
9 month pregnant little ole me attended my friend's bachelorette party. I was a bridesmaid in her wedding in August, so I was basically required to go! She had a fun little party/dinner at her mom's house and then off to the bars the ladies went! I decided to opt out of the party bus/bar hopping and go home.

8-9pm:
Those annoying little contractions started again. I had been having them for weeks! I was moaning and groaning and going to the bathroom every 5 seconds. I decided to settle in for the night and read a book. I continued to go to the bathroom every 15 minutes or so and at one point (TMI right here so shield your eyes) I had my "bloody show" and had a really bad bowel movement. LIKE BLACK TAR DISGUSTING. I told you! TMI! but at this point I knew something was up. So anyway, I continued to have the contractions but eventually fell asleep.

July 11th, 2009
1am:
Woke up to contractions every 10 minutes. ON THE DOT. Literally. 1:00, 1:10, 1:20, you get the picture. So what did I do?? Got pretty. I brushed my hair, packed the rest of what I needed for the hospital, walked around, bounced on a ball, laid down again, etc.

4am:
Finally, decided to let someone know what was up. By this point, my contractions were 4-5 minutes apart and I was in PAIN and crying.

6-7am:
Left for the hospital. Checked in and was put in a triage room. I was still only dialated to 1 (I'd been dilated at 1 for weeks) and was told to walk the halls. Got checked again after a few hours and when I finally got to a 3, they decided to break my water, in the triage room, and finally give me my own room! WOO HOO! I was going to have a baby!!

10-11am:
Got into my own room. Finally called everyone to let them know I was in labor! Well, not me. I only called my dad... but you get the picture! I got the epidural basically right away. I got lucky because the anesthesiologist was already on the floor or on his way up or something. (Yeah my memory is foggy and timing starts to go off a little here!)

12-6pm:
No clue what went on. I kept getting checked by the nurse and would dilate about a cm an hour, so the nurse thought I was going to be delivering around 9pm or so. All I know was I was feeling good with the epidural, my family and friends were playing Uno in the room, and I was chillin.

Then I had to get another dose of the epidural because I started to feel everything. This time my legs went completely numb. I felt funny but I could still feel the pressure in my rear. At one point, the nurse came back and checked me and I dilated from a 6 to a 9! Everyone started getting excited, getting prepared, cameras ready, smiles everywhere... and then there was me. Hyperventalating, crying hysterically, shaking.... I was going to have a baby in less than an HOUR?! I take it back! I don't want to do this anymore! Can we just keep playing Uno or something?!

Everyone was booted out of the room while I was being calmed down. By the time I was calm, it was time to push and my "labor possy" returned to the room. We had to wait until my numbness went away from the epidural so I could push.

5:30ish:
I started pushing. I was still shaking uncontrollably from the meds and I wasn't using the breathing techniques from my classes. Lidia's heartbeat started going down so they had to put an internal monitor in to watch her. I had to have a breathing mask or whatever those things are called. I'm pretty sure I pushed for over an hour and I felt everything. I said a few things like, "I can't do this!!" "Shut up!" and a few others I'm sure, but all I know is that everytime I pushed, I felt better. When they could see her head I said, "Someone get my camera and take pictures!" in between contractions. So they did just that. Took pictures of my Hoo hoo. After a flashing light and a contraction I said, "NO!!!!! A PICTURE OF THE BABY WHEN SHE COMES YOU RETARDS!!" Yeah I was a sight to see and pretty nice at that point... or no.

I have to say I had a lot of encouragement and that made me fight harder. When they said, "She has dark hair! I see her head! Blah blah blah" I was determined to get her out THEN and get her in my arms. I did just that. Well after over an hour but at 6:46pm on July 11th, 2009 and only 3 pushes after the doctor came in... One push... Nada. Two push... Head out. Three push... Lidia out...The princess was finally here!! All 7 lbs. and 13 oz. of her! She was bright-eyed for the first few hours and didn't cry! She was amazing and still is!

I can't wait to tell Carly's birth story soon!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok im crying....geeze i'm lame! love you all! and happy first mother's day!! :) Katie

Mrs. D said...

LOVED this. Happy (almost) Mother's day Momma ;)

Care said...

OMG I am laughing at them taking pics of your hooha. LOL!! That is hilarious. My husband followed this one simple rule, shoot from above, don't take the camera past my shoulders, LOL. Love the birth story. Excited to hear your next one in just a couple of months!

mommaof3 said...

i love birth stories but i m teary

Carol said...

What a fantastic story! That last picture is so sweet, you know she was all balled up like that in your tummy!