May 27, 2010

"Walk this way, Walk this way! Just gimme a kiss!"

Well our night didn't turn out as planned... It actually turned out better!
LIDIA TOOK HER FIRST STEPS!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!

She was with her grandma yesterday afternoon while I was at work and that is where it happened! When I went to pick her up, my mom goes, "Youre going to hate me!" Her and Lidia showed me her new trick for about 15 minutes, and then Lidia got bored with it. But I am so proud of her and can't wait for the walking fiasco to begin!!! So as I said yesterday, we planned to go to a friend's house to watch the American Idol finale, but I couldn't wrap my head around keeping Lidia out that late and I wasn't feeling the best, so we went home to watch it on the couch where we belonged! Good thing we did that because this is what Lidia did as soon as we got home... (which was at 6pm, by the way...)
This girl has the most hilarious sleeping positions ever! She was sleeping right next to me on the couch while I enjoyed the finale in peace and quiet. I kept kissing her belly so I could have some play time with her because it's my favorite part of the day and it's way better than any tv show, but she didn't budge!! I didn't put her in her crib at first because this child doesn't go to bed until 8 or 8:30pm but she never woke up! So I put her in bed when American Idol was over and she slept until 7am! I found her sitting in her crib this morning, blankey in hand, saying "Ba ba!" WHERE DID MY BABY GO?? AND WHO IS THIS BIG GIRL!?! ANYWHO, I LOVED American Idol last night! Bret Michaels, Alanis Morsette, Alice Cooper, Janet Jackson, (who Matt apparently thinks is super fly) and more! Wow. It was awesome! Lee deserved to win and I think HE is super fly but now I'm sad I don't have anything to watch on tv anymore! But I have one thing to look forward to tonight....
That's right! The day is finally here and you better believe I'm not going to miss it for the world! If I wasn't pregnant, I would have been at the midnight showing buuuuuuuuttttt that didn't seem appealing to me, so I will be in attendance tonight! I'm so excited to go with my ladies and I'm coaching Carly all day today to stay off my bladder for at least two hours so I don't have to run to the bathroom every 5 minutes! I was thinking of taking Lidia to get her addicted too and start her on the right path, but it's past her bedtime... I KID, I KID!

8 comments :

Mrs. Hesson said...

Looks like all that walking wore Miss Lidia out. Ha! So sweet. :) I can't wait to see SATC2. I'll hopefully go see it this weekend!

Taylor @ The Undomestic Momma said...

yay Lidia!!!!

Carol said...

First steps are amazing and you better get it on video quickly because the cute little teeter tottor doesn't last long. I think sleeping baby pics are my new favority thing! Oh, and hubs golf league was cancelled because they were air-rating the course, so we got to watch it together and it was perfect!

Meant to be a mom said...

I'm going to see sex in the city next Tuesday and can't wait! I hope you have fun and can hold your bladder :)
YAY LIDIA!!!! Good for you sweetie!
How exciting for you all to see her walk.

Ps I love the title of your blog. Too cute.

Kate said...

Isn't it funny that they get bored w/ their first steps so much faster than we do. LMBO over that sleeping position!

jeanette_huston@yahoo.com said...

I am following you from Friday Follow;-)

Thanks

Jeanette Huston
http://www.mommyblessingsinsmallbundles.com/

mommy~to~mj said...

Haha I totally DID take Madi is see SATC2...gotta start em young! It was a moms and babies movie event at our local theatre. They showed it at 11am opening day for us!

Anonymous said...

vimax vimax vimax vimax vimax vimax vimax vimax