June 11, 2010

11 months!!!

Lidia,
You are eleven months old today. Let me tell you that I'm pretty emotional over this and it's not even your 1st birthday yet!! So I can only imagine what I'll be like when that day comes in just a few short weeks. Pretty soon you will be a toddler. Which isn't a huge shock to our world considering you already think of yourself as a grown-up. You only eat adult food. That baby food crap is for the birds... or so you think. You still love your bottles and will still have your bedtime bottle in my arms on the couch. Which is by far the best part of my day, but any other time you want to be carrying that thing around with you, stopping to take a sip at your convenience. You love your sippy cup too but so far water and milk are your drink of choice. You could crawl around our big living room full of toys for hours, as long as one of us is right there with you. I love just sitting and watching you move from toy to toy. I love watching you crawl or walk around everything just to get to what you want. I wish I could be right there on the floor with you but considering I'm 8 months pregnant, it's a little hard for mama to do right now. You don't seem to mind since I'm always by your side anyway. I promise I will make it up to you though in a few short weeks and throw you up in the air, and twirl you around in circles, and all those fun things I can't do right now. I always wonder what's going on in your head. You always catch me staring at you and I wonder if you're thinking, "What you looking at foo?!" But then, you smile that four toothed grin and trot on over to me and the whole time you're saying, "Mama mama mama!" Then you open up your mouth and expect a kiss. You are just amazing. Some other fun things you can do right now is high-five, clap, stand for several minutes by yourself, take a few steps, your favorite words are mama, dada, baba, hi, and I'm pretty sure you say thank you, (or maybe I'm crazy) and my favorite trick of yours... you dance! Music comes on and you start grooving! Your sleep is amazing too. You take one long nap during the day and then you sleep a good 10-11 hours at night straight through. You are my world. You are my life. You are my mini-me. I love your personality. I love how special you make people feel. I love when people tell me great things about you because I know I'm not just being biased. I do have a question for you though baby girl... Could you please stop with the temper tantrums that sometimes come out of that princess body of yours??? That is all. Thanks.

I love you more than Iced Tea and Jolly Ranchers.
I love you for always.
Love,
Mama












2 comments :

Meant to be a mom said...

Happy 11 months to little miss Lidia. She sure is a cutie girl.
I love her little face in those highchair pics.

Care said...

This was so sweet and made me LOL. Happy 11 months!!