June 30, 2010

36 weeks and some NEWS!

Well I'm officially 36 weeks today!
Only 4 weeks left...
...or is there?????????
So I went to the Dr. yesterday for my 36 week check-up. Yes, it was a day early (technically I was still 35 weeks) but due to the holiday weekend, it was the only time they could get me in and I wasn't complaining! Anything to hear that sweet little heartbeat one day early is fine by me!! Anywho, I had to get my Group B Strep swab and they did my first internal exam....
Wait for it....
I'm already dilated to 2!
Yes, this is defnitely exciting news but I was kind of dreading hearing this. Although with the contractions and the feeling of her head being able to come out at any point, (TMI I know) I figured it would be the case. Why was I dreading hearing this??? Because it's all I think about now!!! I could go anytime or I could still be pregnant weeks from now! UGH! But it's definitely progress and very exciting!
Should we start taking bets on her birthday yet???

5 comments :

Charlotte said...

That's so exciting! Any progress is great progress!

Megan said...

I def. think you will go early, just not sure on the date! So glad that everything is proressing and going well for you.

Mrs. Hesson said...

Ahh congratulations, sweety! It seems SO close! And i'm going to guess 7/11 :)

Mitzi G. said...

What great news....I think :)

Carol said...

That's awesome! And, it means that your labor is going to happen naturally, and you won't have to be induced, and it's such a blessing! My girlfriend walked around dilated to 3 for 3 weeks and had the baby a day before his due date. So, you just never know, but at least you can count your blessings that mother nature is doing her job! (I never was that lucky)