September 02, 2010

Evil Wal-Mart? OR Evil Children?

So let's talk about my adventure to Wal-Mart last week.

I wake up Wednesday from a night of no sleep... weird. Lidia usually spends a few hours on Wednesday mornings with her dad. This gives me a day during the week that I can run errands, sleep, do whatever I want with only one child. More specifically with the one child that isn't a crazy toddler! Wellllll, she didn't end up spending the morning with him but I already had my morning mapped out (and she was down to one diaper... yes ONE!) so I ventured to Target with them. I get into the parking lot of Target, get the babies in the cart, and realize my wallet isn't in my purse. Awesome. So I put them back in the car and head home. Instead of driving clear across town to Target again, I head to Wal-mart which is five minutes from our house. Why I chose to go to Wal-Mart, I'll never know but I do know that I won't do it again!

Now, going to the mall with two babies? I've done that a few times and it seemed like a piece of cake. So WHY oh WHY was Wal-mart so evil to me? Numero uno... I only had room in the cart for the two kids. That should have been my first clue to leave but I kept on trucking! When we got there, Carly was asleep and Lidia was being pretty cute. She kept saying, "What is that?!" and just making me laugh.

Then... dun dun dun... we turned the corner!

"BALL! BALL! BALL!"

Good ol' Wal-Mart had a huge bin full of balls and isn't it my luck that Lidia has a freakish obsession with balls! Since I love watching her do things that make her happy I of course got her out of the cart and played ball with her... right there in the middle of Wal-Mart for a good ten minutes. She wanted a different ball every 30 seconds, she would throw it and chase it down several isles, screaming with laughter! Granted it was fun but it was time to move on from the balls... and Carly woke up. So as I'm trying to calm Carly down, Lidia is chasing these balls and I had to get her back in the cart. I think you can see where this is going...

WATERWORKS!

I'm telling you it was ridiculous! She cried forever! And this is where my adventure begins. I tried to bribe her with snacks but she kept throwing them on the floor. Then she would scream because she threw them on the floor?? She knows the sign language for more and please so she would throw those in there... just to be cute because she's so dang smart. In the midst of this Carly is crying so I'm trying to feed her and the list goes on...

Then I realize that one of Lidia's shoes is no longer on her foot. I start searching for the shoe of course but give up after... wait for it... we run into ANOTHER BIN OF BALLS! Are you kidding me? Who does that to a mom???? I run past that bin of balls like a it's noone's business and finally let Lidia out again in the baby section. She's roaming (ahem... running) around that section like a mad woman and Carly thought that it'd be the perfect time to tell me her feelings too. So I try to grab what I can real quick but wouldn't you know that Lidia knocked down a whole row of sippy cups as she was trying to reach for one. Thirsty much? I'm thoroughly embarrassed and I almost leave my cart there and walk out but instead I make my trip worth it and head to check-out.

I start to pay as Lidia knocks down a magazine and I realize HER OTHER SHOE IS GONE! Both girls start crying again and the 16 year old boy checking me out (poor guy) asks, "How's it going?" Now you'd think I'd just be my typical sweet self and say, "Good" even though I wasn't good. But somewhere around aisle 6 the sass came out in me and I said, "What do you think buddy????" (as my two kids are screaming and everyone is looking at me and I had a whole hour of a fiasco minutes before him asking me that.)

WHO DOES THAT??!?!?!

Me. Apparently.

The poor little guy tried to brush it off, but you could tell he was probably going to take a cry break after that. I felt terrible. I almost went back the next day with cookies or something! Anyway, a week later I'm finally not traumatized about the whole thing (totally kidding) and can look back and just laugh at myself! (and my kiddos) What doesn't kill you DEFINITELY makes you stronger... can I get an amen??!
What do you think? Who's evil? The store or my children? Well, it can't be these precious ones!

1 comment :

Carol said...

Amen. I hate Wal-Mart. Even their parking lot suck...and most of the people inside suck too. Although, this entire scenario could play out at Target one day too..it's a gamble with 2 kids. I took both of my grocery shopping for the first time ever (usually I just bring one) and it went suprisingly well...it's a crapshoot!