October 05, 2010

What are the kiddos up to???

Lidia Adel:
Words she says:
  • Mama
  • Dada
  • Papa
  • Sissy/Sister (by far her favorite word)
  • Manmaw (grandma)
  • Manpaw (grandpa)
  • Milk (without the k)
  • Book (again without the k)
  • Ball
  • Dog
  • Bailey (our dog)
  • Baby
  • "What is that?"
  • "Sup/Wassup"
  • Outside
  • Done
  • Down
  • Num Num
  • Night Night
  • Yes/Yeah
  • No
  • Hi
  • Bye
  • Bubba (my sister goes by Bubba)
  • Thank you
  • Love you (more like la you)
  • Shhh (and puts her finger up to her mouth)
She literally has conversations with people. You may not know what she's saying, but she sure does!
  • She will be 15 months next Monday... woahh time please slow down!
  • She does sign language for "more" and "please" and "all done."
  • She loves to read books.
  • She LOVES her sister. From day one, Lidia has been OBSESSED with Carly. She kisses her head at least 20 times a day. She says, "Sissy" anytime she can't see her or will run up next to her if she's crying. If she's sleeping she goes, "Shhhh sissy!" Or when she wakes up she will go, "Hi sissy!!"
  • She loves to play with dolls and pat them on the back and push them (or anything) around in her baby stroller.
  • She loves playing with balls or on her bouncy zebra toy.
  • She loves being outside.
  • She loves baths and running around the house naked after a bath.
  • She despises clothes.
  • She has 11 teeth! I know, right? She has her four top front teeth, three bottom front teeth, and her four molers in the back are already through!
  • She wears 12-18 month clothing, size 5 shoes, and size 4 diapers.
  • She weighs about 26 lbs and her height I have no clue! She's tall though! Everyone says she looks like a 2 or 3 year old because she's so tall but her clothing and diapers are right on target with everyone else her age!
  • She sleeps from 8-9pm until 7-8am, so about 11 to 12 hours a night. Usually...
  • She will usually take 2 naps a day. One in the morning and one in the late afternoon and last anywhere from 1 1/2 - 2 hours long. Sometimes she takes just one nap and it's closer to 3 hours long.
  • She is still getting ear infections even after tubes so we might have to go back to the ENT but that's for another time!
  • She has to have a night-light and fan going when she is sleeping.
  • She is a mini-me. She looks identical to my baby pics and has my personality to match. I still check on her before bed everynight. I still think about her 24/7. I still get all teary-eyed when she reaches a milestone or makes me laugh uncontrollably. I still have only been away from her for a whole day once since she's been born. I still couldn't imagine life without her. I still love her more than I could ever say.

Carly Joelle:
Everyone asks, so how is Carly? What is she like? One word that I always describe her as is sweet. She really is the sweetest little thing in the whole world. She is so content, cuddly, quiet, and beautiful. She's a good sleeper, (for her age) she's the best smiler, she has the best hair, and can even eat her daddy under the table!
  • Is almost 11 weeks old... my baby will be 3 months soon??
  • She takes 3 oz. every 2 to 3 hours. I stopped breastfeeding before I went back to work. She was eating sooo much, I had a one year old to look after, and it was very hard to keep up, pump, etc. Props to you moms out there that do it for the whole first year, I definitely wish I could have! So we tried finding a formula/bottle she would use. It was difficult but after many dollars spent, we found that she likes Similac Sensitive formula and Evenflo bottles. What can I say? She's picky when it comes to food! Just like her parents :)
  • She smiles, coos, will focus on someone (usually just mommy!), lay on her playmat and look at her toys.
  • She just found her hands and has them in her mouth at all times!
  • She loves to kick and kick and kick!
  • She just went in her bumbo for the first time last week and loves it.
  • She loves the swing, boppy pillow, and bouncy seat as well.
  • She also likes being outside.
  • She loves staring at lights and fans.
  • She loves kisses from her big sister and everyone else of course!
  • When you go to kiss her, she always tries to put your nose in her mouth!
  • She likes tummy time but not rolling over yet.
  • She will go to bed anywhere from 9-11pm and be up a few times in the night to eat but usually falls right back asleep. She also sleeps in later then her sister usually!
  • She still has her fussy time at night. Mainly bedtime is hard each night. She will fall asleep and we will go to lay her down and she will wake right up. Sometimes it takes several tries but eventually she falls asleep and is out for several hours. The process is just difficult sometimes!
  • She sleeps in the bassinet in our room and still hasn't been in her crib... soon though!
  • Wearing 0-3 month clothing, and size 1-2 diapers. The reason for 1-2 diapers? This is a crazy story. I didn't have a baby shower for Carly since she was my second and I had just had Lidia the year before. BUT I got so many diapers from Lidia's shower, family, etc. that I still had boxes and boxes of leftover diapers in 1-2 size. I didn't have to buy diapers for Lidia until she was like 4 or 5 months old and still haven't had to buy diapers for Carly yet! Thank you to all my family and friends! So anyway, she would really be in just size 1 diapers but hey, gotta love free stuff! And they aren't big on her by any means.
  • She loves baths and has to have one at least every other day or that crazy hair of hers looks greasy!
She was the missing piece in our family. She has the most expressive sad face ever! Before she cries, her bottom lip pouts out and it breaks my heart! She also has the best smile. Her eyes light up, she smiles so big, and coos. It melts me every time. Her eyes are a dark, deep, beautiful blue. Her belly button is just like Lidia's and is not in "inny" or "outty" yet. She has her dad's nose and ears and looks nothing like me. That's ok, because everytime I look at her, I see him, and that's even better! She still has that baby smell to her, and I couldn't imagine not waking up everyday to her scent and her face. She has no clue how much every one of us loves her. How did we ever live without her?

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyway, that was enough words to last me several posts but I just wanted to make sure I remember them exactly the way they were at this age!

P.S. My bridal shower and bachelorette party are this weekend!
P.S. x 2... I'm getting married in less than 3 weeks!!!!

1 comment :

PearlsAndGreenTea said...

Hi! I'm a new reader. First, congrats on the upcoming wedding! How exciting! My daughter signs a bit too so I'm all too familiar with the rubbing belly for "please"!