December 29, 2010

Christmas 2010!

Christmas Eve:
We spent the day together as a family! We opened Father Todd's (grandpa Todd) gifts the evening before so we played with those, wore the cute outfits, finished up some last minute gift wrapping, and napped!
We woke up from our late naps, packed, got dressed all pretty, and went to our Christmas Eve service at church. It was a musical type ordeal and the songs were beautiful! Carly did great! She stayed in the sanctuary the whole time just looking around and Lidia stayed for about 10 minutes before Aunt Bubba took her to play in the self-serve nursery so this Momma could enjoy some Christmas songs.
Carly's first Christmas!
Our little family!
After Christmas Eve service, we went over to my mom's house to stay the night. We've kept several traditions in my family since I was young and even though I have a family of my own now, I wanted to try and keep those traditions! Anyway, since I've been young, we've always opened one gift (an ornament) on Christmas Eve. Then, the three sisters always stay the night together and wake up extremely early (too early if you ask me) to open presents. We make a big breakfast, play games, and stay in pj's all day... awesome? Yes!
So this year was no different.I packed my little family and we all stayed at my moms house. We opened our ornaments and our secret santa pj's (a new tradition made by ME this year) got the girls in bed, played a game, and went to bed. Lidia and Carly weren't liking being away from their own bed too much, so I might have to rethink the whole staying the night tradition, but it was still fun!
We all woke up the next morning to Santa's gifts and our stockings! (and the girls in cute matching pj's of course!)
Santa gave Lidia a Dora and Lidia gave Dora a stare-down...
She also got a new kitchen playset which she LOVES! She loves to salt n pepper EVERYTHING!
Carly slept the entire time we opened presents and woke up to all the fun of...
Lidia playing with her new refridgerator magnets and playing with her new hat Bubba made her!
Then Carly did what she does best and scooted around my parents first level in her walker... she managed to find herself some delicious treats in the fridge too!
Then changed her outfit and got tickles from Daddy...
Being a ham like usual...
More kisses for Dora...
Playing Just Dance on the WII. (I rock at that game... hands down :)
... and the naps begin...
... and trying to crack my back? Impossible...
Talking to Grandpa...
and as always, lots of smiles, laughs, tickles, and kisses!
It was a GREAT Christmas! Full of memories, lounging around, family, food, and laughter. Happy Birthday Jesus and I hope everyone had a blessed holiday!

1 comment :

Megan said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas, loved the girls jammies!