January 30, 2011

I love being a stepmom!


Wow. That's kind of weird to say... step-mom. But seriously, I love being one. The best way I can describe it is how my mom describes being a grandma. It's a special bond and love that you can't describe. You would be there for them in a heartbeat, you miss them like crazy when they are gone, you love seeing/talking/playing with them, but at the end of the day weekend, they have to go home. Don't get me wrong, I'm sad when she has to go home and would love for her to be here all the time (just like a grandparent) but I do have two other kiddos that are I'm responsible for all the time, so it's nice to enjoy our time with Bella, when she is here! It doesn't help that she is gorgeous, funny, full of life, full of funny sayings, and loves her Bert! (me)

She also loves playing with Bailey and Bailey actually loves her back! (Bailey's not the biggest fan of the other two babes) She's such a good helper too. She always wants to help feed Carly. She shares toys really well with Lidia, and definitely keeps her entertained. This weekend we played a lot of Wii. She's at the age where she wants to play so "we let her" aka when I bowl, she actually thinks that she is bowling and winning! We also played Just Dance and the girls loved showing off their dance moves all weekend!



She's a daddy's girl. If he's not in the room, she's always asking, "Where'd daddy go?" They are pretty much obsessed with each other! This weekend Matt said, "I'm gonna go outside to take the trash out." Bella said, "Who, her?" And pointed at me! HA! I'm assuming she wanted me to kick rocks and be alone with her dad!


Another funny thing she said this weekend was, Matt asked her if she had to go potty after she woke up from her nap on Saturday afternoon.
She said, "No... I already went potty!" (Like she was proud of herself)
Matt said, "Did you pee the bed Bella?"
She said, "Yep! I peed in YOUR bed"
Pointing at me and laughing... hard.

Is this a theme? Is she starting to hate her "Bert"???
The best part about our weekend was last night. We put Carly to bed in her crib and within the hour it was bedtime for Bella and Lidia too. Instead of putting them in their own beds, we scooped them up and had a slumber party in our king-sized bed! We had just watched the sheets (because remember? Bella peed in MY bed) so they were nice and toasty. We put on some tv, and all four of us were asleep within a half hour! Now, this is a treat because I don't like Lidia out of her bed because then she wants that all the time, but we just had to do it and it melted my heart to sleep with my family like that! But around midnight, I headed into Carly's room (we have another bed in there) because the girls had bascially taken over the entire bed! It was still fun though and I think we'll start doing it once a year, and I can't wait for Carly to join in next time!

I hope everyone had a great weekend... I know we did! I leave you with a video of Bella and Lidia keeping each other entertained... I love it!

4 comments :

Retail Therapy Lounge said...

Hello!

Found you on a blog hop and am your newest follower - Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back if you like it.

Check out my "retail therapy" giveaways and enter a few, there are some great products to win. Also - if you do giveaways - join my March Madness Giveaway Hop!

I also have a fantastic weekly blog hop.

http://retailtherapylounge.blogspot.com
or
http://www.retail-therapy-lounge.com

Carol

Megan said...

Bella is such a cutie!! Sounds like y'all had a fun and busy weekend!

Colleen (Shibley Smiles) said...

Thanks for linking up at Relax and Surf Sunday.

Following you! Great Photos!

www.shibleysmibleysmiles.com

brenda said...

Hope you'll come check us out if you haven't already - we've got lots of great information for stepmoms!
Brenda
Publisher, StepMom Magazine
http://www.stepmommag.com