January 07, 2011

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to...

Well it was another interesting day with the kiddos. I only work Tuesday-Thursday, so today on our day off together I thought it'd be a good idea to let the girls get out of the house. It's winter, it's cold, and people get the winter blues, so I thought maybe Lidia might be going through something like that too. So we headed to the mall to play at the play place. There were instant screams of joy when we walked inside and Lidia saw what we were doing! She climbed the stairs to the slide. Then slid back down the stairs. Yes, she slides down stairs, not slides. Success! I thought to myself... We have a happy toddler and a happy baby!

Notsomuch.
That lasted a whole 15 minutes and out of nowhere (Seriously it was like she realized she was having fun and she thought to herself "No I can't have fun, I must torture mom some more!") anyway out of nowhere she threw the biggest fit. I'll admit I'm the mom whose face blushes and will do anything to get her kid to stop crying... I get so embarrassed! But I got myself and the kiddos together and left the play place. My best friend works at a hair salon at the mall, so we headed to see her because she always puts a smile on their faces. Lidia kicked and screamed the whole time in the stroller, and I hid my head in shame and carried on. Carly wasn't happy either. Once we got to the salon, the girls were in full force crying and both only wanting Mommy.

Awesome.
So instead of realizing it was just time to go home, we decided to grab lunch. Maybe this would cheer them up? Plus it was lunch time. Again, no bueno. Lidia wanted on my lap, then off my lap, then to spill this, then to eat that, etc. Carly was tired and wanted to be held or rocked to sleep, so obviously this made for an interesting lunch. At that point I remembered that it had been forever since I had taken either one or both out to eat and that was why. So it was time to head home and get naps. Nap time was successful for Carly, she slept 3 1/2 hours! But Lidia, again notsomuch. She woke up an hour after she laid down and fell back asleep in bed with me for maybe another hour. This kid has got to be exhausted. Dont get me started on her previous night's sleep! So since Lidia woke up she's been a crab. Crying, yelling, not playing, and she didn't even want to play in the Barney costume my mom brought over for her! It took her another hour to lay her down tonight for bedtime and she is currently (don't judge me, I need my sanity and Matt's gone for the weekend so with two kids to take care of, it was basically a neccessity) Lidia is in my bed snoozing after screaming for an hour. So I'm beat. Emotionally, physically, and mentally. I want Lidia back! Wish me luck on this weekend, and hopefully the next time I post I will have some happy news on a happy baby with some happy pictures!

This little one is keeping me together though! She's so sweet and smiles at me just at my breaking point to let me know it will all be okay! She knows that her sissy will get back to normal... someday :)
Lid in the bath last week. Her favorite time of the day... she could stay in there for hours! This week? Should I even say it? Notsomuch...

2 comments :

Meant to be a mom said...

Bless your heart. Two is definitely going to be different than one I'm sure. I'll be blogging you for help before we know it. Your doing a good job though. Kids will be kids. Sorry to hear it was a rough day though.

The girls are so cute :)

The Burfitt's said...

thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. your girls are adorable!! i am know it is going to be crazy but i am so excited to have two under 2! :) i love your blog!!

Elizabeth