January 25, 2011

Just another day in paradise...

"The kids screaming, phone ringing
Dog barking at the mailman bringing
That stack of bills - overdue
Good morning baby, how are you?
Got a half hour, quick shower
Take a drink of milk but the milk's gone sour
My funny face makes you laugh
Twist the top on and I put it back
There goes the washing machine
Baby, don't kick it.
I promise I'll fix it
Long about a million other things..."


"Well, it's ok. It's so nice.
It's just another day in paradise
Well, there's no place that I'd rather be
Well, it's two hearts, and one dream
I wouldn't trade it for anything
And I ask the Lord every night,
For just another day in paradise"

"Friday, you're late
Guess we'll never make our dinner date
At the restaurant you start to cry
Baby, we'll just improvise
Well, plan B looks like
Dominoes' pizza in the candle light
Then we'll tippy toe to our room
Make a little love that's overdue
But somebody had a bad dream
Mama and daddy
Can me and my teddy
Come in to sleep in between?"

Well, it's ok. It's so nice.
It's just another day in paradise.
Well, there's no place that I'd rather be
Two hearts, And one dream
I wouldn't trade it for anything
And I ask the Lord every night
For just another day in paradise..."


















Kinda fits my life and I'm sure most lives out there right now, huh?
So what's been going on? 
  • We found out yesterday that Miss Lidia Adel has to get tubes put in AGAIN and this time she will be getting her adnoids out as well. My Lil Miss has another double ear infection, sleeping terribly, and I can't wait for her to get back to normal! She's saying and doing the funniest things right now, though. My mind is blank on what her latest thing is... probably because she never stops talking and is always doing something daily that I say to Matt, "Where'd she learn that from?!"She is just hilarious and for some reason obsessed with her Papa and Bubba right now. I still hear Mommy, Mommy, Mommy! at least 82 times a day, so I'm not worried! I love my BIG GIRL so much!
  • My hubby turned 25 last week and this weekend we had a surprise bday party for him and our friend Lacie, and it turned out awesome! Sorry I didn't tell ya'll about it but he reads the blog (Hi babe!) so I had to keep in on the hush hush. We went to Sleepy Hollow, (a skiing, snowboarding, and tubing park) rented out a party room, and went tubing! It was fun and different and my family and our kiddos even got to join! I don't have any pictures from the weekend because my camera broke (urrgh) so we took pictures via a disposable camera. (ghetto I know but kinda fun, right?!)
  • Saturday, my precious baby turned 6 months old!!! She is getting so big! I know I've said this before but she is the sweetest, most precious thing ever! I've had my fair share of trials and tribulations with my first born (sorry Lid, you know I love you and you've been my little sidekick since day one) but Carly is just amazing. Lidia will take a toy away from her and she just smiles. She will get bonked on the head with yet another toy, of course she cries, but just goes right back to smiling. She's ticklish, she laughs at her crazy sister, she sits up great, naps good, loves her rice cereal and starting to eat actual solids, she's definitely my sleeper in the family, and I love her big blue eyes. She is my world.
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

8 comments :

Megan said...

Sounds like a great birthday party, love the tubing idea. Poor Lidia on the tubes, I had them sooooo many times as a child :( Cannot believe that Carly is 1/2 a year, went by so fast!

Meant to be a mom said...

Oh wow, Ok first of all prayers on the tubes. Poor baby.

Second of all Happy birthday to your hubs.

Last happy 6 months to Carly. Wow. Has it really been that long already?!!

Megan said...

I have always loved that song! It's nice sometimes to recognize that the craziness of life IS paradise!

Carol said...

Poor Lid, but I hear that once the adenoids come out that it usually resolves the ear infection problem completely!

I can't believe Carly is 6 months old...where does time go?

mommymilestones said...

New follower to your blog! Looking forward to reading it! The months fly by so fast my baby is 10 months now- I dont want her to be a year! Hope you can return the follow http://prettylittleproducts.com/

t.bird said...

she look very "southern" with that hat :)

and poor thing - i hope the tubes do their job!

Meant to be a mom said...

Hey! We actually live In Oklahoma :) The total opposite direction of you guys.
How funny. I enjoyed KC though, for a tiny weekend getaway out of our hometown. Different shopping (lots of outlet malls, we loved that). It was really fun.

LeeAnn said...

I love that song! At least it got Will Smith out of my head for a while. LOL

We are going through the same stuff with Bryce with his ears! Does Lidia still have her first set of tubes in? Bryce got tubes when he was 6 monhts old, and he has been having ear infections ever since. They stopped for a while, and the ENT said if we could make it to his next appointment without any more we would be in the clear. Well, he has had two in the last month. Ugh. Combine this latest ear infection with the fact that ALL of his molars are coming in, and that makes for a pretty miserable little boy. I feel for you that you are going through it too. I hate to see these little ones go through surgery, but hopefully this next surgery will work for both of them!

This comment is already WAY too long, but I wanted to say Happy Birthday to your husband! It sounds like you guys had a fun day. Too bad I feel really super old right now. ;-)