February 15, 2011

B-day/V-day Weekend!

Our weekend started out on Friday morning at 5am... blehhh. Lidia had her surgery early that morning and it went great... for the first day at least! She came home and was acting her normal self, dancing around, and didn't even take a nap until her normal time even after the anesthetic! The rest of Friday was spent at home, making sure she was ok, and ending the night cuddled up on the couch with a movie. Then, we woke up Saturday and it was my birthday! We played around the house most of the morning, made a fort in the living room, and a landing strip to have Lidia "fly into" (see pic of her with the dog? Lid just landed on blankets and pillows from Matt "flying her!") When naptime rolled around, we headed to my mom's so the girls could nap, and my love and I could go to the movie, No Strings Attached. We went back to my parents for dinner, cupcakes, and presents, then ended the night at our house with friends and a little Wii action! So Friday and Saturday of this weekend were pretty good but then the surgery started to affect Lidia. She started running a fever, became very fussy, and started having "sick breath." She's still running a fever today, not sleeping well, or eating much, so it hasn't been fun. The doctor says there's not much we can do because she's on an antibiotic and the "sick breath" is the sores in her mouth healing so hopefully this goes away soon! Not only is Lidia sick, but Carly is too! She's FUSSY... and this baby is hardly ever fussy! If I leave the room, fireworks. She's definitely going through some seperation anxiety with me right now, plus she's getting teeth in. I need to get her to the doctor to check for an ear infection too.... So, our house is once again not fun right now! But, we were able to sneak away last night for dinner for Valentine's day! Our romantic plans got a little sidetracked, so we ended up at a bar and grill near our house, played some Silver Strike bowling, ate, and headed home with some ice cream. It was perfect and nice to have two hours to ourselves! I ended my V-day cuddled up with my sickies watching The Bachelor and Gossip Girl... what could be better than that?! Oh yes, I know... saying Adios to Michelle!!! Crazy lady.... glad she's gone! Hope everyone else had a great weekend and a great Valentine's Day!

6 comments :

Megan said...

Such cute pictures! I love that y'all made a fort!

Megan said...

Happy belated Bday Momma! I am so sorry that the girls are sick, that stinks. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog, you're too kind!

Crystal Jigsaw said...

Awww, poor little angel. I do hope she gets better soon. A belated happy birthday to you, sounds like you had a great weekend despite your daughter being poorly.

Found you on Wanderin' Wednesday.
CJ

What's in a name.. said...

New follower from Welcome Wednesday. Hope you will follow me too @ http://masalabowl.blogspot.com/

Cait said...

just came across your blog and i love it! seriously it's so FAB! such cute pictures of your little ones! xoxo

TexaGermaNadian said...

I am glad your little one's surgery went ok. Glad ya'll had a nice weekend regardless :) Stopped over from Thirsty Thursdays!
http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com/