February 01, 2011

Top 2 Tuesday: Friendship


Top 2 things you've learned about friendship:
1.
~ A friend can tell you things you don't want to tell yourself.
I learned this from my best best best girlfriend in the world. My mom. She's awesome plain and simple. I'll be laying on the couch texting someone and Matt will say,
"It's 9:30pm...Who are you talking to?"
me: "Duh babe... my mom."
him: "Haha you guys are obsessed!"
But it's true. She's who I go to for everything.

(my step-dad is a pretty awesome friend too!)

~ A friend accepts us as we are, yet helps us to be what we should.
I also have my four girls that I couldn't live without. We all have our issues/problems/day-to-day struggles and we are all there for each other through the good and the bad to make us better people. So when two of my best friends were going through their own issues this weekend, I did my best friend duty and was there for them as soon as I could be. It didn't matter that it was 9:30pm, and I had just put the babes to bed, I was there for my girls. (It was nice to get out of the house too... I'm no saint :) I was there to talk and listen and I know they'd be there for me if I needed it too! I've learned a lot from each of my friends, whether it be advice, experience, or just their character in general. Friends truly are special and my life wouldn't be the same without mine...
My besties! (Aren't they purdy?!)

(and who could forget our awesome bridal party aka our 16 closest friends! Love them all!)

2. 
~ Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down. 
I learned this from my husband. My ultimate best friend. Before we dated, I was guarded. Oh yeahhh, I was like a guy and didn't let anyone in. He fought for me for YEARS. He cared enough to wait and break down my walls, and that's why he's by my side and my best friend today. Plus, he's super hot.
...and my sidekicks, my future best friends in training are pretty awesome too! (Chloe too:)
  

5 comments :

Laura said...

I love your list! Both points in number 1 are GREAT! Probably the best I've read today.

Caroline said...

Great picks! My mom and hubby are my best friends too!

Megan said...

Awesome friendship lessons! I love that you and your mom are so close!!

Megan said...

hii! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for following! You have one BEAUTIFUL family!!! xx

Brianna said...

I LOVE FRIENDS
stoppin by from TTT
enjoyed your post

xoxo
bB