February 23, 2011

Where do I even begin??




  
See that picture there on the right? Yeah, that one. The one with the sick toddler with bed head, a paci that never leaves her mouth, and her three "maymee's" (blankies) that never leave her side? Yeah...that picure. Describes our week in a nutshell... But I'll elaborate. I had a whole long post written out describing every detail of this past 1 1/2 weeks but honestly? It was boring, I'm tired of re-living telling it. So I'll give you an overview... kapeesh?!

Alrighty, so ever since Lidia's surgery, she had been running a fever. Altogether, she ran a fever for almost 9-10 days. After a few run arounds from different doctors, a failed trip to the hospital (the ER was too busy?), a fever of almost 106, a white blood cell count reaching 22 (normal is 5-10), three rounds of shots of the antibiotic Roseffen (sp?), x-rays, a cathetar to check for a UTI, tons of finger pricks, nose swabs, mouth swabs, 3/4 of our 2 weeks spent in a doctor's office, all tests coming back negative, no sleep, and a very clingy little girl... we still have no answers.

Yeah, I said that right. The white blood cell count being so high shows an infection somewhere in her body but they never determined where. The chest x-ray showed that she had a MILD case of viral pneumonia. With the pneumonia being mild and the white blood cell count being extremely high, that meant that the infection was somewhere else and they never determined where. The pneumonia was probably caused from the surgery/anesthetic, because she had no other symptoms of pneumonia. So, I'm still very worried. I hate that I don't know what is/was wrong with her. So I guess it's just the waiting game. Today, she has no fever, so hopefully things are looking up and will get back to normal soon!

Oh, and I didn't forget about Lil Sis. She's a crazy one too. She had an ear infection last week, getting two teeth in, refusing to sleep, running a fever, and plain CRABBY. But, she started crawling... well basically scooting across the floor last week! I'm so proud of her!

Life with two under two is hard enough but when they are sick, life is pretty terrible. Carly decided to cry from 5pm -11:30pm last night. After everything that has been going on... that was the icing on the cake and I had a breakdown last night from dealing with all of this. My kids are what I live for, but sometimes it's too much. Today is better. I'm an obsessive momma (can't you tell?!) and check on my babes way too much throughout the day when I go to work, but today I decided to give myself a little break from knowing what they are doing 24/7, worrying about if they are being too much for my mom, etc. So I've only checked on them once and it has felt good. Hopefully, I will go home refreshed and ready to have some quality play time with the kiddos, and maybe some nice alone time with the hubby after if they go to bed nicely.

4 comments :

Megan said...

Awww, those poor babies! I hope y'all all start feeling better soon. I hope you get some much deserved rest and relaxation!

Little Miss Emmy Lou said...

I am a new follower from Welcome Wednesday!
Hope you'll stop by Mama Days!
http://littlemissemmylou.blogspot.com/

greenTXmom said...

I hate when the kids get sick! Unless it's just a low grade fever and no other symptoms which means....MOVIE DAY! :)
Stopping by from Welcome Wednesday. :)
Would love for you to come by Staying Home and Staying Sane
http://southernfriedgreenmom.blogspot.com/

Carol said...

I hope she's better now! I get the same way...it's so sad when they are sick and there is nothing you can do but hold them.