March 30, 2011

See this girl???...

Yeah that girl.
The one who needs a new hair-do,
a little tan in her life,
a vacation,
to get back into spinning class
 and more hours in her day?
See what's behind that girl?
 Yes, that.
Those notebooks and file cabinets?
That girl and those things equaled in a disaster today at work.
Can you imagine it now?
Me bending over in front of the cardboard box full of notebooks,
not remembering there is a file cabinet above my head when I stand up?
Ouch.
It still hurts.
Big time fail.
And since that story had zero point to it...

See this girl?
She is one of my closest friends since we were 5 or 6 years old.
We grew up in church together,
her mom babysat me,
she was Lidia's first babysitter,
labor coach for both girls,
and a bridesmaid in my wedding.
That girl,
Alaina, is 25, married, has three kids, and one more on the way.
(overachiever in the babymaking area if you ask me :)
Alaina and baby number 4 need your prayers.
This was her Facebook post today...
   
 "I dont like to post about myself, but please pray for me and our little unborn baby. I had a fetal fibronectin test (tells the dr if i will "deliver" in 2 weeks) done yesterday. They just called this morning and it came back POSITIVE. I go today for my first round of steroids today and find out what the game plan is, and then i go back again tomorrow for my second round of steroid shots. Please pray for us!"

She's only 26 weeks pregnant and her three other kids were all born at least 4 weeks early.
Please keep her family in your prayers!

Now.
Do you see this girl?
This is how I found her sleeping last night...
I'm pretty sure she was sitting up, leaned forward, and just feel asleep like that!
Adorable.
(Don't worry I moved her!)

And this girl...
The one giving Carly a hug?
Has been the sweetest little thing lately!
Besides her voice being raspy (random) and her non-sleeping the last few nights, she's been so lovey-dovey!

Example:
Last week I put both girls down for a nap in the afternoon.
 I was tired also, so I decided to let Lidia take a nap with me instead of in her crib.
She laid down in our bed and said very excitedly,
"Mayme! (blankie) Milk! Pillow! Momma! YAYYYYYY!"
(As though she was in heaven or something!)
Then she kissed my forehead three times, said, "Lush you!" and turned over and fell asleep.
I turned into a pile of goo.
That girl melts my heart.

8 comments :

wacki04@TheKing'sCourt IV said...

Too cute!

New follower from Wandering Wednesday Blog Hop! Hope you cans stop by and return the follow :)

Cristi
http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/

Meant to be a mom said...

I just love the sleeping picture.

I'm sorry to hear about your work incident. Not fun.

Also your friend and her baby. I will most definitely be praying for them. I'm sure they are extremely scared right now. I can only imagine. I will pray so much for them.

Fuegita said...

I love the sleeping picture, that is too cute!

I am following you from the Welcome Wednesday. When you get a chance please follow me back. Thanks!

tawna6988 said...

I LOVE that picture of her sleeping leaning forward. My kids sleep in the starnges positions and you think "should I move them." But then I don't because it is jsut too fun to look at!

Tawna

tawnasplan.blogspot.com

LoveLife{s.a.h.m.} said...

cute post! love that story of you and your lil' girl. i will send my prayers for your friend too.

Raven said...

I pretty need all those things too that you mentioned above. And seriously? That is the cutest sleeping position I have ever seen. My boy did the exact same thing. Sitting up, and fell asleep slumped over just like that :)

Jessica said...

Thanks for your sweet comment about my house! I love that picture of her sleeping! So sweet! I will keep your friend in my prayers.

Joeylee said...

thank you for the sweet comment...the whole outfit is from Carters. The outfit is actually hand me down from my 1st daughter. She had so many clothes and only wore them a few times so I saved all her clothes just in case we had another girl. So now she gets to use them. And the blanket was made for the girls from their great great grandma.