April 26, 2011

The good, the bad... no the UGLY!

I'd like to think that I'm not a big complainer. My husband may think differently as of lately,
but hey, life is like a box of chocolates.
Wait? No.
Well kinda...
You never know what you're gonna get, true.
But I wouldn't compare my crazy, non-sleeping life to a box of heavenly chocolates!
No sir.
Let's just say life is like.. pure insanity?
Sure. Insanity describes last night quite well.
Anyway,
I mainly want to document the following story for myself to look back and die from laughter,
and so you guys can laugh from my misfortunes as well.
Either way, here's another episode of a bad night.
No good came from last night.
Just pure ugliness.
In the form of Lidia. and her sleep habits
Except she's not ugly...

So if you know Lidia, you know she has not been a healthy baby since birth.
Ear infections, two tube surgeries, sick at least once or twice a month with random and multiple sicknesses,
and the latest?
 104-105 fevers that last for days.
I take her to the doctor and it's "an infection of some sort" but no clear answers.
So all this sickness has caused her to be a terrible sleeper.
When she was younger, she would get up several times a night, etc.
Now?
She refuses to sleep in her own bed, hates to sleep in general, yougetthepicture.
Maybe some of this is my fault because when she's sick, which is often, I let her sleep with us.
I mean who wants their baby that is burning up, sick, crying, waking up, etc sleeping all alone, right?
Wrong.
Don't fall into that trap because you end up with a story like mine....

ANYWAY,
Lidia.
My dear terrorist little Lidia.
As you read about my weekend, she hasn't slept well for days, and neither have we obviously.
We decided it was time for a big girl bed since she only wants to sleep in our bed.
Well, the first night (Sunday) didn't go well. She ended up in bed with me and hubby on the couch.
blah...
and we were up all night of course.
So yesterday, I laid her down for a nap in the afternoon and she slept from 1pm-6pm!
Yes, I wasn't going to wake that non-sleeping princess up for anything!
But it backfired.
Bedtime rolled around and she wanted nothing to do with it.
"Hi momma! Milk! Dora! Papa! Sissy night night! Lush you! Bailey go?"
Ugh.
She said every word in her vocabulary (which is about 24908230948 words) just to keep herself from going to bed.
Around 11pm, my blood was boiling.
We went into her bed and I was going to lay with her until she fell asleep to get her used to the "big bed"
Well we both fell asleep somewhere between 11-12am.
(already too late for moi)
and I woke up to the exorcist around 2am.
only 2 hrs later.
She was like the Redrum kid from The Shining.
Seriously her voice was scary.
Scratchy but high pitched, tears streaming down her face, body flailing all over the bed, and her head was spinning. Ok her head wasn't spinning, but it might as well been...

I was at that point.
and moms, you know what point that is. It wasn't pretty.
So I got Matt.
She continued to scream,  he tried to calm her down, the works. Nothing worked.
So I go back in there and he leaves.
"No mama! Papa! papa papa papa!"
oh jeeeeeez. ya kididng me child? make up your mind!
But I made up her mind for her and refused to let her win like Charlie Sheen.
We got settled back down (it took awhile, but for lengthy purposes well cut it short) and I thought I got her to sleep until...

a soft little hand started rubbing my back, then my face, and then grabbed my hand oh so gently.
I must have dozed off slightly because I thought for a second it was my husband being sweet on me.
No.
It was the devil in angel form named Lidia.
"Hi momma! Play? Baby! Lush you!"
and gave me kisses, and rubbed my face, and so on and so on.
By this point,
It's 5AM!
I was fuming.
Why was she still awake????? I have to get up in less than 2 hours!!!!!!!
I stormed out of that room and plopped my booty on the couch and didn't hear a peep out of her after that.
I have no clue when she fell asleep, but I know I didn't fall asleep until about 6:00.
Then Carly was up at 6:30 for a bottle but was an angel and fell back asleep.
This resulted in about 3ish hours of sleep for me, with a full 8 hours of work ahead of me.
Glorious.
The kicker?
That precious angel sent from heaven above just for me, Lidia...
was up before 8am.

Madness.
I told the babysitter to keep her nap short today and I will deal with the crabbiness because she WILL get back on a sleep schedule!
 Momma needs her some sleep!
(and so does Papa!)

5 comments :

Joeylee said...

wow, that really sucks! I hope it gets better for you!

Crystal Jigsaw said...

It's a hard one isn't it. The only I found was to ignore them which I know is really hard when they've been so poorly, but if you think it's just a case of not wanting to sleep on her own, then it's best to take her back to bed, no eye contact, no words and walk calmly away. It worked for me and my daughter is autistic.

CJ xx

Megan said...

Oh my gosh!! How sad!! This is why I can't have babies yet. Haha. I need my sleep...about ten hours. Ha. I hope she sleeps well tonight!

Ashley said...

Oh my. I feel bad laughing, but girl, you are too too funny. :D

I'm sad that she isn't sleeping...that is really the hardest thing ever. I hope you get a full night's rest tonight! Fingers crossed!!

p.s. what a sweet little vocabulary she has. Awwww. I bet it's hard to be mad at her. ;)

KLaw said...

You poor poor poor thing. I feel for yo. This is terrible! Lack of sleep makes you certifiably nuts. True story.