June 01, 2011

The time I ran over my husband...

Welllll,
almost.
Yesterday, I dropped the hubbs off on my way to work.
Normally, I don't do this,
AND I was kinda running late.
So, he had this grand idea...I was stopped at a stoplight.
"Babe why don't you just let me out here instead of the parking lot."
Fair enough.
Sure...we miiiight have looked ghetto
or like I kicked him out of the car,
but that's neither here nor there.

Anyway,
He gets out of the car.
 He's on the passenger side and starts to walk around the front of the car.
I'm paying no attention
or jamming to my tunes
or doing something completely awesome I'm sure...
OR
I'm looking behind me to see if any cars are coming.
Because I was in the turning lane and I needed to get back on the road.
No cars behind me!
Awesome...
I begin to move forward and out of the turning lane.

But remember,
just 3 seconds earlier I had let my hubby out of the car.
Well, apparently I didn't remember.
And as I'm paying no attention, jamming to my tunes, and being completely awesome,
I pull forward and almost run over my husband.
On a busy street.
Right after I had "kicked him out of my car"
I would've paid to have been a spectator of this situation...

Anyway,
He claims I "tapped him"
but I think he just wants something out of this whole ordeal, ya know :)
So there you have it,
I almost killed my husband.
We had got into a little disagreement over the weekend,
 so I got a text afterwards from him saying,
"You sure youre not still mad babe?"
HAHAHAHA
wouldn't you like to know!?!

Please tell me I don't win the worst wifey of the year award.
Someone's got to have a better killyourhusband incident then that!
Right?
Anyone?!

On a brighter note,
the husband "forgave me"
and we had a fun night at the park with the kiddos last night...
Bbops and a little slide/swing/play action?
Done.
Here's proof...

 and of course Lidia chasing after a dog...
Why?
cause she gots to!
She was literally saying,
"Momma! Puppy! Hi Puppy! Oh no! Bye Bye Puppy! I slide! I swing!"
and so on and so on the ENTIRE time at the park.
Her precious mouth did not quit talking, she had the best time!
Bless her innocent heart and my patience for her new found vocabulary this week!

7 comments :

David and Elizabeth said...

bahahahahah!! That is hilarious! Glad he is ok :) Makes for a great story!

Joeylee said...

hehe oh no, glad he's ok. that is a funny story though.

Annie said...

haha....oops!! sounds like something I might do....he claims that I'm not the best driver in the world :)

Carol said...

This is funny, but only because he is fine. I am a terrible driver, I run over trash cans typically, but this sounds like something I would do. I don't have a better I almost killed my hubs story, but I do have a Hubs did yoga on the baby and almost killed her story :)

Megan said...

LOL, too funny! Maybe you are still mad at him?!?!? The pics are too cute for words :)

Megan said...

Hahahaha. Ahhhhh!! Poor husband!! I'm glad that you remembered him at the last second!

Mama G said...

LOL I swear I've done this before! Us Moms have so many other things on our minds. I mean, what would possess them to walk in front of the car? Silly men.

Thanks for linking up to Toddle Along Tuesday at Growing Up Geeky! I'm your newest follower via GFC :)