July 12, 2011

July 11th, 2009

After (I have no idea how many) hours of labor,
on July 11th, 2009, at 6:46pm
Lidia Adel was born.

She was 7 lbs and 13 ounces of wonderful.
Bright-eyed from the moment she opened them,
and the same ever since.
She changed me,
made me a mama, a better person, and a new found look on love.

So yesterday,
on July 11th, 2011,
we celebrated Lidia's 2nd birthday!
It was again...all sorts of wonderful.
She woke up.
I ran in, screamed and clapped, "Happy Birthday Lidia!"
Kissed her and hugged her.
Teared up of course.
Then we started our first day of her being two together...
 the way it should be!

We started "our day" out alone.
It was perfect.
We went to the store alone together.
We got her a donut.
We picked out dinner for her family party that night,
and we played with balloon animals.
Every time I looked at my clock throughout the day,
I thought to myself;
"This time two years ago I was (fill in the blank)
aka;
I was dilated to 4, or my water just broke, or I got my epidural, etc.
Pathetic? Maybe...
but I loved trying to remember the labor 2 years ago throughout the day yesterday :)


Then the rest of the day was busy!
We went build a bear where she picked out a kitty, with a butterfly outfit, and a stroller.
Had lunch.
She went potty in the toilet.
We came home and her cousins and aunt came over.
We played outside.
She took a nap.
Momma and sissy made her cake.
Family came over.
We ate homemade pizzas.
Opened presents.
One present was squirt guns.
So we had a watergun fight outside immediately...clearly.
Played in the girls' new sprinkler.
Came inside and sang Happy Birthday.
Ate cake.
Family went home.
Sissy went to bed.
Papa went to softball game.
Lidia and mama fell asleep together,
Lidia was in her Dora panties (diaper underneath of course)
It was a perfect day.

Lidiboo,
Mommy loves you so much!
Thanks for an amazing (and challenging) last two years.
You light up a room.
You make my days brighter,
and some nights longer.
But I love you more than you could ever ever ever know.
Happy 2nd Birthday baby girl!!!

I can't believe in over a course of two weeks every year,
 I will be getting this emotional over two little girls birthdays!
You're next Carlyboo!

and just because...
Look at my step-daughters!
Aren't they GORGEOUS???!!

8 comments :

Kati McDonald said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LID!!

Joeylee said...

Happy 2nd Birthday Lidia! Sounds like she had a perfect birthday!

Heather said...

Ahhh!! Happy Birthday Lidia! :) What a great mommy you have! :)


Heather From and Mommy Only Has 2 Hands!

Phase Three Of Life said...

How lovely! (Love that you took her to get a donut.)

Following you from the Toddle Along hop!

Megan said...

Looks like the BESTEST birthday ever! You are one awesome Momma! She is so big and so fricken cute!

Mama Tully said...

This post is so sweet. I also loved the watch me grow post below...crazy how much they change in such a short time! Happy birthday to your sweet girl!

Amy said...

Happy #2!

Following you from TAT!

http://supermummyyam.blogspot.com

Raven said...

I think that little Lyd is gonna be my future daughter in law, since I know I am having ZERO more children, this i great to know, since she is ADORABLE and I have always wanted a daughter.

but really, ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!