August 10, 2011

Just chill out...

With Lidia hitting the terrible twos,
she's made me question myself as a mom.
Did I raise her to be this way?
Is this my fault?
What should I be doing different?
I HAVE to break her of this habit or I'm a bad mom,
I WILL get her to eat, not hit, throw tantrums, sleep on her own, etc
 by "X" date or people will think bad of me.
It made me think...does every mom feel this way at some point?
I feel like all my hard work to get her to this point, has reverted back.

Then I slapped myself back into reality.
"Chill out Britt"
Sometimes us moms are harder on ourselves then we should be, amen?
"Well that mom, did this... and I should be doing that..."
And sometimes...
we are simply our own worst enemy when it comes to worrying about our children,
or if we are raising them to the best of our ability.
And sometimes we just have to live a little, let our kids live a little,
not stress about the little things and enjoy life!
If simply goes too fast.
So I say...

If you have to, let them sleep with you... and dont feel bad about it.
They won't always want to cuddle with you!

Handle the fits in a calm manner,
and even take pics so you can laugh about it later!

Enjoy the four under four while you can!
Its hard work, but so worth it!

Let them put a laundry basket on their head.
Pick their nose.
Pretend to snore.
and
enjoy the quietness of the backseat of the car when you can!

Wrap yourself up in the love two sisters have for each other,
and when they are fighting... remember there is always tomorrow!

Take some time for yourself.
Friends are a necessity.

Love every part of your child.
Even if they BOTH got your weird feet.
Kiss and paint those toes, they love it.

Go outside.
Go to the park.
Push them on swings and get down and climb with them through tunnels.
Go down the slides with them while you can and while they want you to!

Let them eat cake.
Period.

Dress them alike.
So cute, and so fun!

Popsicles cure anything,
and they are fun to share!

and always remember that each day you love them more and more!

3 comments :

Chelsea said...

Amen! Beautifully written. :-)

Fash Boulevard said...

omg. you are an amazing writer. super happy I found your blog. I'm totally following, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over 4 months ago after graduating from college in the south and moving across the country to LA. The site's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. I'd love if if you'd stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news and check out my latest post featuring pictures from my Mad Hatter themed engagement party. Thanks love. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Jessica Hudson said...

I LOVE THIS POST! Such a good reminder. One we all need one time or another!