August 03, 2011

Terrible Twos

The terrible twos...They are terrible... and we have them!
Well Lidia has them.
Already you ask?
Yes. already.
And if you know her personally, you wouldnt be surprised.
She's always been strong-willed and crazy,
and that's what I've always loved about her...
but she's taken it to another level.
I feel like she's making our whole house crazy!
I don't know the best way to handle her...
timeouts? spanking? taking toys/activities away?
letting her cry herself to sleep for over an hour?
 I don't know what to do and I feel like a failure.
It's like she's taken 8 steps back with her sleeping, eating, and tantrums.
I get mad, sad, frustrated, and angry at her...
then she grabs my face, kisses me, and says, "Lush you Mama!"
and I feel even worse.
Like I said, she's making me feel crazy!

 It started when we took the "ginky" (binky) away and it hasn't ended.
She refuses to nap.
She refuses to go to bed in her own bed.
She refuses to go to bed in our bed.
She refuses to get up from her own bed in the morning.
She hits, kicks, screams, and throws herself on the ground about 203948 times a day.
and
on Friday we had an incident that involved Lidia being a terrible two,
and Carly resulting with a bleeding mouth and on the verge of throwing up.
Momma was on the verge of tears.
So yeah...
It's been terrible.
And the fighting between Carly and Lidia is insane.
I dont even want to talk about our car rides!
(This is supposed to be a pic of girls fighting, but I might see little smiles in there... oops!)

So as you can imagine...
I haven't been feeling all rainbows and butterlies about my 2-year old or our situation in general,
(Still love her more than anything but you get it)
hence me being a little MIA.
But I've decided to just take it one day at a time.
Matt and I have to work together and be consistent about punishments,
and what we do or dont let her get away with.

But I was able to get out with just Lidia on Monday afternoon and take her to the aquatic center.
It was nice!
Just me and her.
No sissy, No papa, no terrible twos.
wellllll the terrible twos came out a little bit but for the most part...
I had my girl back.
We danced in the pool.
Kicked up Lidias feet in the life jacket and swam around.
Attempted the lazy river (not the best idea)
Stopped for a popsicle
(this is where she had a meltdown because she wanted a sucker, the water, and her life jacket)
but all in all,
we had a great time or maybe I'm just used to her new bad behavior!
Then she started to get tired...
hence falling asleep on my chest while relaxing at the side of the pool,so we went home.
I was convinced she would wake up happy from her day out with Mama.
 But sure enough, the terribleness that is two years old came back after she woke up from her nap.


Hmmphhh...C'est la vie....
Good thing I get to go through this again next year with Carly too!
Pray for me.

5 comments :

Megan said...

I am praying and sending wine. I love you!!!! Hang in there, it WILL get better :)

Megan said...

Oh BTW LOVE the blog pics in the layout :)

Jessica said...

Girl I totally feel ya! I think Averly has hit the terrible two's early too!

Joeylee said...

I feel ya! Kaylee has her days where she is a total terror! I'm hoping since Keira is more mellow she wont be so bad! I can hope right!?!

hope it gets better soon for ya

Mama Tully said...

I'm right there with you. Two is tough (well, my older girl won't be two until the end of the month, but we are still getting a taste of the terribleness that is to come!). I hate hearing about the sibling fights most of all though. I was hoping and praying for another little girl when I was pregnant so that they could be best buddies...I hate the idea of my girls fighting. But I know it is probably going to happen...a lot. :(