October 23, 2011

Hack your wife's blog Sunday!

In this first and probably last edition of 'Hack your wife's blog Sunday' I will be discussing the topic which I have titled "Iphone Vs. Wife"


Britt may have talked about how I got the new Iphone4s last week, what she didn't mention was my endless anticipation that led up to it. Since the summer I have been stalking the web looking for any indication that it was going to come out. When it was finally announced that it was coming out I made sure I had enough saved up to buy it. When I preordered it I tracked the shipping on it 3 times a day and pressured my friend at FedEx to use optional routes to get it to me quicker. I was completely obsessed with the idea of everything it could do for me and how it would make my life easier.

Britt was kind of like my Iphone. When we first started dating she was all I could ever think of. I stalked her Myspace page to learn more about her. I befriended all of your friends and tried to convince them I was the greatest guy in the world. I did everything in the world I could to get her to give me a chance and let me be in her life.

Like so many things in life, my Iphone didn't live up to my expectations. How could it? I had put it on an impossible bench of expectation. Same with opening my own business... I thought it was going to be the greatest thing in the world, but quickly the long hours and uncertainty of paychecks almost gave me a heart attack at 25. Owning my first house, a new car, new shoes... whatever it is always is a little less then the picture you had in your head.

That couldn't be further from the truth with Britt. That "impossible picture" that any man could dream of how a wife would be, Britt exceeds. It's been over 5 years since I started chasing Britt and the love I had for her then has only grown. She is the reason I've been able to own my business, buy a house, a new car and the amazing family I have been blessed with. There is nothing more I could possibly imagine having then her. I could lose everything and with her by my side I'd feel like the richest man on earth.

I love you, thank you for everything.

-Matt

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Awww!

Nicole said...

sweet.

Lindsey said...

:) we need more relationships like this in our world!!! its the people/love/memories not the things that are what make one rich!

Mama Fee said...

So sweet! :)