November 08, 2011

Lacie's Wedding Weekend!

The weekend started off with our Bridal Luncheon.
It was at this cute cafe called Mimi's Cafe and it was perfect.

Here's the bride to be and...
my plate.
She calls me specs, so it's fitting right? hehe
This is also where we opened our bridesmaids gifts.
We got matching real pearl necklaces, and blinged out peach flowers for our hair
Then we left the bridal luncheon and went to the nail salon for pedis/manis/acrylics/waxes galore.
Then it was time for rehearsal/rehearsal dinner.
I was so happy because Lidia actually walked down the aisle with the other two flower girls during rehearsal, so I was hopeful for the same the next day...
Well get to that in a second...
But the rehearsal/dinner went great.
Both girls were good.
Life was good.
We decorated the reception after the dinner, and went home to bed to rest up for the next day!

Before we knew it .... wedding day was here!
And... it was a blur...
So I guess I'll let the pictures do the talking.
We basically did the usual...
Got ready, waited, made the bride happy, waited, drank a few, waited, made the bride happy,
and then it was time...
But while we waited...
we of course got some pics.

Then it was go time.
There we were.
We were all waiting in the hallway ready to go down the aisle.
Lidia and the other two flower girls were holding hands and standing quietly.
Then it happened.
Lidia started throwing a fit.
OF COURSE.
By the time it was my turn to walk down the aisle?
She was already on the floor screaming.
So needless to say...
We were down a flower girl and Matt wasn't able to see the wedding :(
All I heard while Lacie was walking down the aisle...
was my daughter screaming...
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
Yep. That's my awesome life.
Anywho...
I don't have much but here are some wedding pics for your enjoyment!

All in all, the weekend was great!
I had so much fun, and I know the happy couple did too.
Although they might not have had as much fun as some of us...
not to name names or anything....
We were dancing fools.
That mixed with my speech and our bridesmaids version of Paula Abdul's "Straight up"
dedicated to Lacie and Michael?
We were #winning.

I'm so happy for my besties.
They are perfect together
BUT
I'm glad the wedding madness is over!

3 comments :

Allie @ Table for 3, Actually Make that 4 said...

What a nice wedding! I love the straps on our dress and he fact she calls you specs haha! Xoxo

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

What beautiful people! Sounds like you had a wonderful time...yippee for dancing fools! :D

Megan said...

Love all the pics. You looked gorgeous Momma! I lol'd at the Lids story I know so not funny during the wedding but it is just her :) and I love that!