November 24, 2011

Time for traditions and thankfulness...

Happy Almost Thanksgiving everyone!
Of course, I had to also go along with the typical bloggy post about Thanksgiving and Thankfulness but switched it up just a tad.
I loved the idea of telling your Thanksgiving traditions (sinces everyone's is so different) so I stole borrowed it from Lindsey ...

What time do you eat?  Do you eat around lunch? A late lunch? Dinner time? 
We have snacky foods (cheese and crackers, veggies, etc) in the morning. Then we eat the feast between 1 and 2pm. Dessert is usually after naptime/football watching time.

Do you have several Thanksgiving celebrations you have to attend?  Uno! Thank the Lord. My family and Matt's famiily have it together each year. Last year it was at our house and this year is at my moms house.
What are your families signature dishes?
Turkey, gravy, Mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, corn casserole, rolls, pie, etc. Probably more but that's all I eat, so that's all I care about :)
Do you all bring a dish or does one person cook it all?  My mom is making the turkey, potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, and whatever else she has up her sleeve. I'm bringing the corn casserole, rolls, and dessert!! Pumpkin bars and French Silk pie... homemade... Lord help us all!
What are YOUR favorite things you look forward to on Turkey Day? naptime/football watching time

Also, since all the cool kids are doing it...
I'm Thankful for...
*Our Home
Our new hardwood floors coming soon,
 and that the girls have a playroom that we can have a chalkboard wall in!
*Bella and Tori
*Only working part-time... so I can be home with my girls.
*My mom and MIL...for watching the girls the three days a week that I do work.
*Matt... for working his booty off, and he has a nice booty that I'm thankful for too :)
*Family... my close family and my extended family!
Especially being able to watch my cousins children play with mine!
*Iced tea, mexican food, pizza, lasagna, and chocolate.
*My king-size bed and fan to block out noise... otherwise I'd never be able to sleep with la husband
*Sleep... enough said.

...and I'm so so so very thankful, of course, for my babies.

So...
What are some of your traditions?
What are you thankful for?
and always remember....

2 comments :

Megan said...

Totally love this idea of listing out things!! And that chalkboard wall is amazing!!

Taylor said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and don't have too much of a food baby! :)