February 14, 2012

My 26th Birthday Weekend!

Our weekend started off with a little photoshoot action. Lidia and I literally laid in bed for an hour just laughing, talking, taking pics, and being best friends. I love moments like that.


Friday was fantastic.
Mama got to go to Zumba in the morning while the babes went to the gym daycare.
 I got my hair done by my bestie at the house while the kiddos napped.
 AND? AND? AND?
We went out and celebrated my birthday that night with friends. 
We had a little dinner action at a japenese/sushi steakhouse, then went out on the town while the girls had a sleepover with my mom and sister. 
Oh and the husband surprised me at dinner with a ruby ring; the girls' birthstone.
 It may or may not have looked like he was proposing at the restaurant.
At the hibachi grill.
 In front of all our friends. 
Which might make sense now that I think about it because you wouldn't know we were married already, because Lidia lost my wedding ring.
Oh, I didn't tell you that?
Yes, she lost my ring a few months ago. Hmmph.
 Then on Saturday I woke up.
I woke up.... to an empty house.
This. Never. Happens.
And.
It. Was. Glorious.
The husband was at a work event and the girls were still at their sleepover.
Of course, this only lasted until about 10am when I couldn't stand it anymore.
 (sickening I know)
I headed over to my moms house and we spent the rest of the day at Grandma's house playing dress-up, pretending to sleep, eating donuts, reading books, and feeding grandma's dog.
Because that's how we roll.

Then we went to a late lunch at a mexican restaurant with my sisters.
Then we headed home to snuggle on the couch with the Papa, eat pizza, watch movies, and go to sleep early.
(Yes Lidia is in a dance dress at the restaurant in the middle of winter. Aren't your kids?!?)

Sunday was my birthday!
We woke up.... at 5am.
REALLY CHILDREN?!
So that made for a not-so-fun morning.
We headed to brunch at my mom's house where I got a giftcard to Best Buy to buy my new DSLR camera!
We headed home for naptime, and I headed to The Vow with my sisters.
Then I enjoyed a quiet, relaxing trip to the store with no kiddos.
(this never happens)
And then went home to watch Desperate Housewives and the Grammys.
Because I love the Grammys and my husband loves Desperate Housewives.
Shh.
And I'm not kidding :P
This is what Carly did while I was having my mommy time on my birthday....

And for those of you that are nosey interested like I would be...
Here are my two birthday gifts.
My ruby ring from Greenbergs??? Or some jewelry store like that. I am in love.


And my Nikon D3100!
I haven't got the camera yet. I ordered it yesterday, and it should be in my hands by the end of the week!

It was a great birthday weekend.
And thank you so much for all the birthday wishes!

And do ya'll like my new blog design? The lovely Brooke did it. Check her out!
AND?!?!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
I will be back tomorrow to show off what the girls wore, what we did, presents, etc. for the big Vday!

Oh yes, and please vote for us!
Thanks!
Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

4 comments :

Shawna said...

Yay! You'll have to keep us updated on how you like the new camera....I keep thinking about getting one!

Joeylee said...

sounds like you had a great birthday! that's a pretty ring and YAY for a DSLR. I have a Canon and I LOVE IT!

Allie said...

YESSSSSS NEW CAMERA!! OMG YOU DIDNT WAIT FOR ME TO DO YOUR SIDEBAR THING...haha I am so behind on life in general...it looks amazing!! as does the entire new layout!! HAPPY belated birthday!!! xoxox

Erin said...

Ahh, what a gorgeous ring!! :) I love birthstone jewelry! Sounds like you had a fantastic birthday.. but sorry, CANON is the way to go! ;) (kidding, kidding!)