February 07, 2012

What's your Love Story?? {Link-Up}



In the spirit of Valentines Day coming up, Becky is hosting a "Whats your love story?" link-up and of course, I had to participate! So here ya go... our love story :)


1. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
(This is MY version of our love story; his may be a tad different!)
We grew up together since Kindergarten at the same school. We had some of the same friends, hung out at the some of the same places, but ultimately we ran in different crowds in middle school and high school. We graduated high school and went to different colleges. Actually, he moved all the way out to Colorado for school and I stayed in Iowa. Finally, he "hit me up on myspace" (oh yeah, I just said that!) a year or two after high school and we reconnected again. He was coming back for the summer to visit family and friends and he was dying to see me. (hehe cocky much Britt? jk) We hung out, he fell in love and moved back from Colorado. At that point, I thought he was the best kisser and the nicest man ever to me, but ultimately I wasn't ready for what he was bringing to the table at that point. (Lame right?) So long story short, I was a mean little heartbreaker and we eventually went our seperate ways. A year later, he texted me on my birthday and said "Happy Birthday, hope
you're doing well" and the rest is history. Love that man :)

2. If married, how long have you been married?
We've been married since October 23rd, 2010. We just celebrated our first year of marriage!

3. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?
We got married in Newton, IA where my uncle is the pastor at First Christian Church. The reception was at Sodexo Conference Center in Newton, IA as well where my aunt had worked. It was perfect for us because it wasn't too far away from where we lived and we were able to save ALOT of money through all the connections we had with our family. The wedding was an average sized wedding; about 150 people attended but our wedding party was huge; 8 bridesmaids and groomsmen! Our wedding colors were black, pink, and gold and I loved every part of that day!

4. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? 
I call him: Babe, Boo, Mole, Papa
He calls me; Babe, Boo, Bert, Bertha



5. Name 3 things you love most about your honey
Hardworking, Hilarious, Hot Legs

6. Tell us how he proposed?
He proposed on Mothers Day in 2010. He proposed at my parents house, in front of my family, and it was perfect!
7. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Neither? Sorry honey! But we don't really celebrate Valentines Day because my birthday is two days before. He likes to randomly get me flowers though!

8. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
I would LOVE dinner on the beach, but we have kids, and we live in Iowa. So I like to stick with what I know; movie on the couch :)


9. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere? Hands down.... Hawaii. I've ALWAYS wanted to go there for some reason. So hopefully we will :)

10. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
Ummm nothing? Make him dinner? Play with the kiddos? The usual?

11. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Nope. His love is enough! hahahahaha so corny :)

12. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
*Date nights... even at home (especially when you have kids)
*Laughter, inside jokes, smiles.
*Tell them you love them, appreciate them, need them... often. (sounds silly, but sometimes I need a reminder of this!)
* The little things make the biggest impact. Buying their favorite candy/food at the store, picking up something at Target that you think they would like "just because", buying a cheesy card, sending a silly or romantic email, etc etc etc.
13.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.



Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

8 comments :

The Lee Family Happenings said...

You have a beautiful family! I agree with you... little things make a big impact :)

Meant to be a mom said...

Awe you have such a sweet story. I love that you've known each other so long. :)

Kati McDonald said...

awwww. I should probably do this :)

Annie said...

This is great!! You guys are so cute!

Mrs. Mama said...

loved all your answers... that last pictures is just amazing. absolutely what love is all about.

Aimee L said...

Such a great story...LOVED!! I agree with Becky, that last picture is so presh.

Summer said...

this was such a great story! your pic of what love means makes me cry! i hope i get well and am able to look all old and wrinkly and kiss the hubs like that lol....ok so that is awesome ya'll went to school together and then met back up. Hey it was fate, you were meant for each other. Love the wedding pics fantastic...love this story!!

KTParrish said...

Love this! My husband and I reconnected on Myspace too...Quite embarrassing!