March 08, 2012

"Moms of More" Guest Post - Mandy!

I'm so excited to having Mandy taking over my blog today for "Moms of More" guest post series! If you don't remember this series (I know, its been forever!) it's featuring moms with more than one kiddo, and what their lives are like, how they coped the first few months, whatever! The sky is the limit. Basically these girls are after my own heart and we want to share our experiences with those that are expecting or thinking about expecting more than one sweet babe. If you are one of those moms, and interested in guest posting, please email me! I'd love to feature you! Anyway, I heart this girl and her sweet, gorgeous family! Stop by her blog, and check her out too! And Mandy, thanks for taking over today :)


Hi guys, my name is Mandy and I blog over at Mommy Musings!

 I am the wife to Skip and mommy to my two little girls, Little M and Baby C.
Baby C

Little M
I am very excited to be guest posting for Britt today!  I think this is such a wonderful idea she has about different women blogging about having two kids.  I know TONS of pregnant ladies these days and most of them pregnant with their second child.  I hope I can offer them a little help and guidance, as I know I was totally lost when my second was born.

I became a mommy on November 29, 2008 when my Little M was born.


I felt like she was such a relaxed baby and really helped ease me into my new role of motherhood.  Then in October 2010 I found out I was expecting again! 


We were over the moon excited, but as my due date drew nearer, I was definitely filled with some nervous anticipation.  How was I going to be able to handle not one, but two sweet little girls??  Baby C was born on June 15, 2011, and ready or not my life was about to totally change.



I could probably write a whole novel talking about what life is like having more than one kid, but I will try and condense it into some bullet points for all of you!

1. SLEEP NOW is my first piece of advice.  Little M was a dream when she was a baby and started sleeping through the night right from the get-go.  She is still an awesome sleeper and luckily still naps, but Baby C was a totally different story.  She didn't really sleep through the night till she was about 7 months old. And on the nights that she wouldn't go to bed until about 4 am?  I still had to wake up with Little M when she got up at 7.  Ouch.

2. On a related note, get both kids on a similar schedule as soon as you can.  They both wake up now around the same time, between 7-8.  Baby C then naps from 10-11:30 and I am able to spend some one-on-one time with Little M.  We do lunch together at 12 and then they BOTH go down for a nap form 2-4pm.  This is a LIFESAVER!!  I am able to nap myself, workout, or get some cleaning done.  Then at night we do dinner together, baths, then Baby C goes to bed at 7 and Little M down at 7:30.  I can't do the same bedtime yet since my hubs works nights a lot and its too much for me to do at once. 

3. If you want to keep your house looking semi-decent, workout to lose that baby weight, eat, or make food you will either have to get up before the kids or stay up till 1 am like I do.  I swear my day starts at 7pm sometimes.  I do manage to get some things done whenever the hubs is at home, but the rest of the time I'm running after my two babes, as one of them always needs something!  Now that Baby C is getting a little older, things are a bit easier as she can entertain herself a bit.

4. Let's talk for a second about 'the mom body' we'll call it.  Before having babies, I was super tiny.  I worked out a TON and happily ran around in a bikini all summer.  When I was pregnant with Little M, I put on 35lbs and do to my morning sickness, could not really work out at all.  However I still managed to drop the weight within two months with visible difference to the belly...I still rocked that bikini {don't hate me, wait for this next part.}  With Baby C I put on 40 lbs {docs wanted me to put on 30-40 lbs, that's why my weight is higher} and my belly was *huge*.  Seriously...I don't know how I didn't fall over sometimes.  But when she was born I was excited to drop my weight like last time..so I waited....and waited...and waited some more.  And then when the waiting didn't work anymore I started slowly working out, eating better, then whole diet schebang.  FINALLY after 8 long postpartum months, I was back down to my pre-pregnancy weight.  I am lucky that I can still wear all of my old clothes.  But that bikini?  My stomach may be flat-ish it still has about as much extra skin as my English bulldog {okay, no one as much as him, but it's definitely close}  So if you're pregnant with your second, just remember that this pregnancy is going to change your body way more than the first and just because it came off easily the first time, it may not be the case this time!

34 weeks with Little M...cute and tiny

40 weeks with Baby C....umm, HUGE
5. Don't blink.  Seriously.  We all know how fast your first baby's year goes by.  But the second?  Ten times as fast!  I really feel like I turned around and all of a sudden my baby is almost 9 months old and crawling, pulling up, and cruising.  Gone are the days of spending hours gazing at your newborn's face.  You've got a crazy toddler to always keep in your eyesight!  The moments with the two of them are so precious to me, but definitely fly right by. 

Like I said, I could talk about this topic for days, but I'll end there as to not overwhelm you.  Hope I could help a little!  Thanks again to Britt for letting me guest blog, and be sure to stop by!

21 comments :

Mandy said...

Thanks so much again for letting me steal your slice of the internet today!

Crystal Renee said...

I have 4. So I know EXACTLY what you mean!!!

Erika said...

Great post Mandy! We aren't there yet...but sometime in the future:-)

Jessica Hudson said...

Love this. So helpful!

Sarah-Life is what you make it said...

i can't believe the diifference in your pregant bellies mandy!

Megan said...

Awww, she is precious! Love her tips.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://racefvr.com/forums/index.php?topic=2560.new#new]from each and every Louis Vuitton[/url]
[url=http://quit.ca/forums/showthread.php?10837-Automotix-com-provides-used-automobile-components-to-repair-your-own-private-goal&p=15589#post15589]to waste just services for it[/url]
[url=http://en.aboi.net/forum/index.php?threads/automotix-com-gives-you-utilised-vehicle-components-to-repair-your-own-private-objective.5675/]as it will not be necessary it just the way[/url]
[url=http://www.rskill.com/index.php?topic=5531.new#new]carefully so that with the washing[/url]
[url=http://www.ivandonat.com/index.php?topic=13104.new#new]leather handbags most Leave it in[/url]

Anonymous said...

buy ativan buy ativan in canada - buy ativan online no prescription needed

Anonymous said...

tramadol online pharmacy buy tramadol online for cheap - tramadol cod online pharmacy

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol saturday delivery tramadol 100 mg overdose - how to buy tramadol online overnight

Anonymous said...

ativan lorazepam buy ativan in canada - buy ativan online no prescription needed

Anonymous said...

tramadol buy best place order tramadol online - where to buy tramadol online legally

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol tramadol for dogs purchase - tramadol 50 mg

Anonymous said...

buy klonopin online overdose of klonopin amount - take klonopin wafers

Anonymous said...

generic ambien ambien generic 10 mg tablet picture - ambien 10mg reviews

Anonymous said...

tramadol online buy tramadol 50mg online - tramadol online ireland

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol no prescription tramadol 50mg tablets narcotic - buy tramadol online with echeck

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol no prescription buy tramadol er - tramadol dosage dogs pain

Anonymous said...

klonopin depression buy klonopin online no prescription - klonopin anxiety wiki

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol online cheap buy tramadol health solutions network - tramadol online sales

Anonymous said...

lorazepam no prescription does ativan high feel like - dangers of ativan and alcohol