May 02, 2012

Mommy Error

Remember last week when I showed you the amazing pictures we had taken of the girls???
I may, or may not, look at this picture every single day.
It's gorgeous.
And I'm still obsessed.
There's only one problem.
A "mommy error" if you will.
We had these pictures taken last Monday, by a high school friend that now has a Photography business.
It had been awhile since they had pictures taken, like almost a year, so it was time.

Fast forward to the next day, Tuesday.
I take the girls to school and I notice a sign on the door that says,
"School pictures on Thursday! Dress to impress!"
HMMMPH. Really?!
Well, I didn't think a whole lot about it.
I mean, school pictures were never the best for anyone, right??
Well they always sucked for me anyway!
So I was still happy that I had their pictures done, and went on my merry little way.

Fast forward again to Thursday.
In the morning, while getting the girls dressed I remembered it was picture day.
But I decided against "dressing them to impress",
since I figured I probably wouldn't order any pictures anyway.

Well, wouldn't you know...
THIS HAPPENED.

Ummm Hi.
I'd like my ovaries back now, because those pictures make me want more babies.
Are they photogenic or what?!
Besides Carly's crazy hair, and not so awesome outfits... these pictures are some of my favs.
Now, don't get me wrong, I still LOVE the other pictures.
But these?
They're hugging each other?
Smiling at the camera?
Looking like they're 12 years old?
I'm in love.

(and these are pictures of the proofs only, we haven't ordered any yet,
but they were too cute not to share :)

So what's a mom to do with two sets of professional pictures done within the same week?
Buy them both, obviously.
You only live once!
Sorry husband :)

5 comments :

Shawna said...

oh my, they rocked their school photos! :-)

Joeylee said...

those professional pics are precious and their school pictures are so sweet!

Mama Tully said...

So so sweet! If my girls were that photogenic, I'd be getting their pictures taken every WEEK! Gorgeous! And you will never regret having lots of pictures of them to look back at when they are older :)

Kristen at First Name Smith said...

melt! those are amazing!

Krysta said...

Those pictures are adorable!! I would have bought both sets too :)