June 20, 2012

The weekend in which we had no plans...

Doesn't it feel good sometimes to have no plans for the weekend?
Nowhere to go, no place to be, no one to answer to. (Except little toddlers, of course! :)
My husband wishes for this every weekend, well sorry honey, you didn't marry that type of a girl!
I LOVE looking forward to weekend plans with friends and family and taking the girls to do new things, etc.
But I also love those rare weekends where we just go with the flow, have no plans, and relax.
Husband likes me on these weekends :)

On Friday, the girls and I went to the Aquatic center for the first time this summer with Aunt Chloe! It was an ok time, the weather wasn't the best, but the girls enjoyed it! Then Friday night, we did nothing. It was nice! We woke up on Saturday morning and I decided to let the husband relax, sleep in, (Hello Father's Day weekend!) etc and I took the girls to a parade! My mom lives in Johnston (where husband and I graduated high school!) and they were having their annual "Green Days Festival." They had a parade on Saturday morning and the parade went down the street that my mom's cul-de-sac is on. It was perfect. The girls LOVED the parade. LOVED IT.






Then what else would two toddlers do on a Saturday night, after dinner and bathtime, when mom and dad's sheets are in the washer/dryer.... except make a fort in their bedroom of course!
(I LOVE this picture of Matt. He's so handsome :)
After fort time, we made a "sleepover" as the girls call it, in the living room. We laid down pillows and blankets, made popcorn, and (tried) to watch Cars. The girls weren't really having it, but that's ok. After (Carly's) bedtime, the husband and I, (Oh and a "non-sleepy, I don't want to go to bed" Lidia too) watched the movie, This Means War. It was cute and I just love Reese Witherspoon!
Sunday was Father's Day! Carly and I woke up bright and early and started breakfast while Lidia and Papa slept in!
Soon Lidia got up, got dressed "beautiful for Papa" and danced around the house. Most of the morning.


Going with the whole "no plans plan" of a weekend, we decided last minute on Sunday morning to have everyone over for breakfast. My family and Matt's family were all over at our house by 10:30am and it was a great start to Father's Day to have everyone together! Matt's mom, the girls, and I all made a huge breakfast for everyone. (Monkey bread, eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, and hashbrowns!) The girls' entertained everyone, of course, by running around and screaming random songs. Then we ate, relaxed, opened presents, and everyone headed home!

I hope everyone (especially the Dad's!) had a great weekend! A special shout-out to my favorite dad's in the world; my dad, my step-dad, and my husband. Thank you for always being there for me and the girls and our families! You are the best dads/grandpas I could honestly ever hope or ask for. We love you!

3 comments :

Shawna said...

Fun! Loved naked baby in the tent haha.

I was just starting on your girls' birthday outfits tonight---can't wait to see those cuties in them! Hope to have them ready to mail on Monday :-)

Kenzie CBMommyhood said...

Aren't plan-less weekends great! Sounds like you guys had an awesome time for not planning anything. Oh how I love parades and building forts. Cute pictures :)

Erin said...

I love planless weekends too, and sadly mine are coming to an end for the year. Yes, year... lol, I have my next 9 weekends scheduled! AH!

Anyway- your girls are so cute, I love the pictures of them at the parade pointing at things ;) Some of my best childhood memories are from local parades we went to!!!