November 21, 2012

Apparently, I'm a liar

Soooo regarding my last post, apparently I'm a liar.
Because this happened on Thursday at dance class....

She's bipolar I tell ya!
Or?
We may have pounded it in her brain to...
"be happy at dance class!"
"no crying!"
"your teacher will be so proud of you!"
And it worked.
She danced the whole class and the parents got to come in to the studio room to watch the dance they will be performing on Saturday, and she danced the whole time for that too. I was so proud! Now, let's just see what Saturday brings in front of a large audience at her recital!

In other news, well wait... we don't have much other news going on right now. So bear with me because I'm sure this post will be all over the place! Anyway, we are patiently waiting Thanksgiving weekend. We will be traveling to Minnesota to see my dad's side of the family. My dad will be driving there from South Dakota as well, and the girls can. not. wait. They can't stop talking about seeing Grandpa Todd. Speaking of the girls, they have been obsessed with each other all week... Can you tell?!

And Carly has been obsessed with me...
Speaking of Carly, she has reverted back on her potty training. Has anyone else had this problem before? We didn't have this problem with Lidia, so I'm not sure why this is happening. She was potty trained for about a few months, and then last week she started having accidents. Then the accidents became more frequent, and now she pretty much has an accident everytime she has to go! It's been going on for about 2 weeks and I have NO CLUE what her deal is. She knows what she's doing, so I'm thinking it's a behavioral thing. It's just crazy to me! Any help or suggestions are appreciated! Besides her potty situation, Carly has also become a fan of sleeping in crazy places/positions....
She's so cute. And crazy.

Speaking of crazy, this past weekend a girlfriend and I took a little 3 hour trip to visit one of our besties, Donna, from high school. And us three girls together? Equals crazy. Well actually not really, but we had a blast! We left Saturday late morning, stayed the night, and came back on Sunday. It was a nice little break from my mommy/wifey duties, and Matt held the fort down like a champ! While on our "minication" we got to see the hoppin' town of Sioux City, Iowa, reminisce on high school days, meet and hang out with Donna's new husband, eat alot, play games, go to a few hole in the wall bars and just enjoy ourselves.
And a few other randoms (see I told you, very random post!) throughout our last week would include;
Grocery shopping with the cutest "helpers"
Dancing and Singing along with The Voice
Enjoying the weather, taking a walk
Carly is still obsessed with ranch, in case you wanted to know...
I stared at my Sleeping Beauty...
... and Carly discovered something she wants for Christmas!
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving weekend!

3 comments :

Mommy Mandy said...

They are too stinkin cute. Have a great holiday yourself!

Erin said...

As if they weren't cute enough already, they got even cuter! Seriously... they must take after their gorgeous mama!!! :)

I'm dying over those lashes of your sleeping beauty! Tell sista' to share!!

Shawna said...

They are sooo cute together!

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! :-)