January 25, 2013

Birthdays and Pink Eye

This weekend was my favorite man in the whole worlds birthday... my husband's birthday! I'd like to think he had a great weekend, and I'm assuming he did because we did *most* of what he requested. His requests were as follows; swimming on Saturday with the girls, dinner with ME! on Saturday night, church on Sunday, and brunch at my parents after church. We were able to get everything in except church on Sunday because we thought Carly had pink eye. (More on that in a minute) Anyway, here are pictures from our Matthew celebration brunch on Sunday....
Besides celebrating our most favorite Papa this weekend, the girls also enjoyed being princesses a good portion of the weekend! (and everyday too)
(They are "bowing to their majesty" in the last picture... imaginations I tell ya!)

Lidia was busy this past week doing all sorts of important things like; perfecting her duck face, riding her bike, learning new dance moves at dance, loving on her momma, and getting pink eye :( :(

(We thought Carly had it on Sunday but it was gone the next day so we figured we were wrong. But sure enough, Lidia got it on Tuesday this week and has been home from daycare with it since)
Also?
The most important thing Lidia did this week?
She learned how to write her name!
And I taught her... go me!
....and since she already knew how to spell "A" and "D" from her name, I taught her to spell Dad too!
Besides the above mentioned, not a whole lot is new around these parts. Except the crazy, over the top, loving madness that the girls have going on right now. They love love love each other!
Oh yes, and we named ourselves parents of the year this week when we let the girls do this....
YOLO baby, YOLO.
(did I really just say that?!)

4 comments :

Mommy Mandy said...

Hahaha...you definitely have to let kids be kids sometimes! Happy belated birthday to your man!

Kenzie Smith said...

I love all of the super cute pictures!
Happy birthday to your hubby.
Gotta let kids be kids :D At least that's what I tell myself when my boys do something crazy.

Stephanie said...

Love the jumping photos! Looks like something my sister and I would have done when we were little :)

Shawna said...

That pic of them in the bathtub is PRECIOUS!