January 08, 2013

The best of 2012

New years is New years.
I never make a big deal out of it.
I kind of look at as another day...because well.... it is just another day!
But regardless I'm ready to wave a big fat ADIOS to 2012 because it wasn't our best year.
Overall it wasn't terrible.
Nothing drastic happened like losing our home or losing a loved one, but 2012 did have it's hard times.
Sure, we had a few vacations to visit our families, we watched our kids grow older, cuter, and even smarter. We spent time with friends and family. Spent time together. Took lots of pictures, tackled house projects, learned to cook new recipes, and much more I'm forgetting I'm sure.
But 2012 also brought financial and business stress, frustrations, loss of patience, losing friends, and relationships tested.
2012 was definitely a year of learning about myself, my husband, my children, and our close network of support. And for that, I'm grateful even through the hard times.
Hopefully this year will be a prosperous and not so "trying" year!
I forsee some changes happening in our family this year (no not another baby!) so hopefully these changes will all be for the better!

I already know of a few things to look forward to in 2013 like;
Lidia will start pre-school in the Fall! (wahhhhh! Not really looking forward to her being THAT BIG but it's a huge milestone!)
Carly will start gymnastics at Chow's gymnastics (Shawn Johnson and Gabby Douglas trained there) this summer.
Lidia will have another dance recital this Spring.
Lidia will turn 4 and Carly will turn 3 in July.
Matt and I will celebrate 3 years of marriage in October.
We will have a vacation to Arkansas to watch Matt's younger brother get married. Matt and the girls are in the wedding so it should be a blast! Plus we will get to see both of his parents, which is always a plus!
We plan to visit my grandparents again this Spring sometime, and hopefully my dad again this summer!

Now I will leave you with some of my favorite pictures from 2012. Because honestly, we really did have some good times this year!
.... and the motto for 2013....
:)

No comments :