February 28, 2013

A day in the life (Tuesdays and Thursdays)

.... because who doesn't like to see a typical "day in the life" post to check out how your day with your babes is similar to others? Well, at least I like to see them! And if not for anything else, it'll be funny to look back even a year from now and see what has changed/what's still the same!

So as you all should know by now, during the week I work part-time Tuesday-Thursday. I'm going to break this down into two different posts. I'll start with Tuesdays and Thursdays because those are typically the same. Wednesdays are their own day, and Mondays and Fridays are the days that I'm home with them so those are usually similar as well. Sooo on Tuesdays and Thursdays a typical day would be....

6:30:
I wake up and shower and start to get ready.
Between 6:30-8:00:
The girls wake up at some point or I sometimes have to wake them up. (Lidia is NOT a morning person... wonder where shes gets that from! Not me! :) They eat breakfast while Papa and I drink coffee. (typically they have waffles, cereal, or cereal bars but they always have milk) Then we get the girls dressed. (I TRY to lay out their clothes the night before, but that doesn't always happen) After that, the girls typically watch the Disney Channel while I finish getting ready or they play with Papa until we are ready to leave!
7:30- 7:45:
Papa starts my car (aww) and helps get the girls in the car (double aww) and the girls and I head to school. I usually drop them off since it's on my way to work.
8-4:30pm:
I make that money honey! Work, work, work... and sometimes on my lunch break I run errands or go to lunch with coworkers.
4:30 - 7pm: 
Time to get the girls! I always pick them up from school. We have a bad habit that after I pick them up we ALWAYS have to "get juice at the gas station" on our way home. At least it's only two days a week, right? Once at home, I clean and get dinner ready while the girls play or help with dinner or color at the table or they drive us crazy! Papa comes home sometime in between this time too! Then we eat dinner. Typically Lidia eats spaghetti, soft shell taco shells or cereal (she's not a good eater!) and Carly eats whatever. On Thursdays, Lidia has dance from 6 - 6:45 so that is where it gets a little different.Typically we come home from school, clean/play/prep dinner/get Lid ready for dance. Then Papa stays with home with Carly and makes dinner while Lid and I are at dance!
7:00-9pm:
First up is bathtime. They love bathtime and typically play in there for 1/2 hour... sometimes an hour! They have quite the imagination in the bathtime. Their favorite game to play is "Giant Tomato!" I'm not sure what the game really is, but I'm always the Giant Tomato :) After that, we get on their pj's, clean their ears (they just got their ears pierced) brush their teeth, and brush their hair. Then before bedtime they watch one show. Lately, it's been Finding Nemo. They also typically request popcorn at this time too. Then this is where Mama gets to catch up on a show while the girls watch one of their shows. And Papa usually reads because he hates Mama shows. :)  But don't be fooled. I don't always get peace and quiet during this time. No, no, no. They are always asking for a million more cereal bars/glasses of milk/fruit snacks/ bananas/hugs and kisses.
9:00pm: (sometimes a little earlier/sometimes a little later depending on naps that day)
It's bedtime. Bedtime can be crazy and is sometimes survival mode with two manipulating/non wanting to go to bed toddlers. BUT! We put the girls to bed at the same time. Papa goes in with one, and I go in with the other. Then we will switch and say goonight to the other one. We try to read them one book but that one book turns into four. They constantly want one more kiss or one more hug or one more glass of milk. While sometimes they fall asleep pretty fast and easy, other times we have to lay with them for a few minutes. It's never exactly the same but I will say that it's getting better. After the girls fall asleep, I'm in bed right after them! Mama's bedtime is typically 10pm while Papa can sometimes be a night owl!

And... that's our day! Tuesdays and Thursdays at least. Stay tuned for the rest of our week :)

1 comment :

Joeylee said...

These are so fun to read. I'll have to do one, maybe next week. I know you requested one!! :)