February 01, 2013

Science Center

Our house got hit with the sickies this month. Last week, Lidia had pink eye and this week Lidia was SUPER sick. (Papa was sick too. Carly and I have been pretty healthy, so fingers crossed it stays that way!) Anyway the past few days Lidia has been home with a 105 fever, bad cough, tummy hurts, head hurts, throat hurts, ears hurts.... I took her to the doctor and he just chalked it up to being some sort of virus and a double ear infection. So she's on an antibiotic and some prescription cough medicine but she's on the mend now!

Annnnnyway, I've been behind here, so I thought I'd do a little catch up from my camera from the past couple months. Soooo....A month ago? A few weeks ago? A few months ago? (I seriously have no idea!) Anyway, some time ago, the girls and I took a little trip by ourselves to the Science Center. It was really fun! The girls were great and there was so much to do! A liiiiiittlle expensive, so we will probably only go once or twice a year. But definitley worth it.
The best part of the trip was that the girls were on the news! I don't know how often they do this, but the meteorologist from one of our local news stations was doing the weather at the Science Center during the noon hour that day, and the girls were apart of it! It was so cute. We got to the Science Center fifteen minutes before noon and I asked the front desk guy where to start. (Because there are several different rooms and I'd never been before) He told me that the news would be airing in about 15 minutes upstairs, so we went to check it out. I had no idea what was going on and that the girls would actually be on the news, but once I realized what was going on, I called Matt right away. Luckily he was home on his lunch break and able to DVR it. Here is the group of kiddos that day on the news....
After that, we headed to the other rooms to explore!
I love that the girls are making the same faces... ha!
We also got to see some reptiles and all those gross creatures that I do not like. But of course, the girls loved them! Here is Lidia holding up her "one finger to touch the animals."
Turtles.
Snakes.
GROSS!
We did puppets after that.
Went to the SuperMarket :)
Played with bubbles.
...and went to Mars!
It was a fun day! :)

1 comment :

Joeylee said...

Looks like the girls had a lot of fun. Glad everyone is on the mend