March 20, 2013

A day in the life // 4 day weekend

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

So I last left off on my "day in the life" posts talking about our typical Tuesdays and Thursdays which are the days I work and where we have the most structure during our week. But we haven't talked about Wednesdays yet or our 4-day weekends! So let's start with Wednesday....

Wednesdays:
The girls don't go to daycare so we can save on daycare costs. So on Wednesday mornings they stay at home with Uncle Eric until my mom gets off work, and then they go to my moms house for the afternoon. My mom's house is only blocks away from my work, so 95% of the time I go to her house on my lunch. Once I get off work, we hang out for a couple more hours and have dinner and then head home and do our typical bedtime routine.

But last Wednesday was different. Last Wednesday Lulu (my mom) was sick. So the girls stayed home with Uncle Eric. Their day ended up being prettttttty lazy so when we got home from work we took them to the Y! I tried to play in the gym with the girls before the pool opened since I had been at work all day and I missed them.... BUT NOPE! They didn't want to play with their boring old mama! They wanted to "play with new friends" in the daycare. Apparently I'm chopped liver now. Sooooo I got my workout on for 30 minutes and then we went swimming.
Thursday:
I know I already talked about our Thursdays, but Thursday nights officially start our 4-day weekend and this Thursday was kind of special for Carlyy! I picked up the girls from school on Thursday and Lidia would not take off her Dr. Seuss craft she made. They are learning about Dr. Seuss all month and she loves it! Then we went to dance and took Carly with us! During the last five minutes of class, the teachers let Carly come in and "dance" with Lidia! It was so cute and Lidia was so proud to "teach" her dance moves! 

Friday:
HOORAY for days we get to sleep in, am I right?! Typically on Fridays we wake up around 8am. The girls eat breakfast, play, and watch a show. I clean the kitchen, pick up, vaccum, etc. Then we shower, get ready for the day and usually head out and do something fun in the late morning. This Friday we had an appointment to tour Lidia's preschool. AHHHHHHHHH! Lidia is old enough for preschool? So crazy.

After that, we met Lacie/Ramsey/baby Emery at Target, Home Depot and Culvers for lunch! After lunch we went home and I tried to get them to rest but that didn't happen. So we made grandpa's birthday cake for that evening. It ended up being a Pinterest fail. Then Papa came home early so he took the girls to the Y for an hour to swim and give me some "me time" that afternoon. Yay Papa! So in that time I was able to finish the cake and clean some more. Once they got home from the Y, we headed over to my mom's to celebrate Grandpa's birthday! (It's on St. Patty's day but we celebrated early) I was babysitting our friend Collin that night so he came over too. We ate Reubens, did a scavenger hunt for Grandpa to find his present (Fleetwood Mac tickets!!) and then went home because the girls were GRUMPY! and TIRED! because they didn't nap.

Saturday:
Woke up. Fed and played with Collin and the girls. Collin went home. We went to the St. Patty's day parade downtown. (FAIL! cold and crowded) Went home. Rested. Went to London's birthday party for a few hours. Went home. Bubba came over around 7pm to play with the girls. Papa and I met friends out for St. Patty's Day. Girls fell asleep between 8 and 9. We were home around 10.

(I have plenty of pictures on my camera from Friday and Saturday but this is all I got from my phone from those two days!)
Sunday:
We didn't end up going to church. We got up, dressed in GREEN for St. Patty's day, went to the store, came home and cleaned, and then went to the airport because we were picking up a special guest to spend the week with us!...... GRANDMA KIKI! She flew in from Arizona for the week!  We had dinner that night (Chicken Spaghetti and broccoli salad... yum!) and then relaxed the rest of the night! Carly was asleep by 7pm if that gives you any idea of our lazy night. :)
Monday:
Monday turned into Grandma Kiki fun day! I was obviously off work so we wanted to do something fun with the girls. The girls got dressed in their Easter dresses (their idea, not mine!) and went to see the Easter bunny and ride the train! After that the girls got pretzels and played at the play place. Then we went to Chuck-E-Cheese to play and eat pizza! Busy busy day! And yes, the girls definitely needed a nap after that day!
....and that's a "not so typical" day in the life post of our 4-day weekends! Considering this weekend was a holiday, we had two birthday parties, a sleepover with Collin, Kiki came and more! But you get the idea :)

1 comment :

Joeylee said...

All the sister smooching pictures are so sweet