May 15, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend 2013

I mean, right?!
I do it.
My girls do it.
My girls quote my mom.
It's crazy.
:)
Anyway, I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!
We certainly had an extremely busy, but fun weekend.

On Friday, we started the day with Mother's Day lunch at school. Of course I don't work on Fridays, but we still went and I'm so glad we did. It was so special! And a big shout out to their school for SPOILING the moms. I got so many handmade crafts and I loved them all! Then on Friday night we went to Aunt Chloe's soccer game. It was perfect weather and the girls had a blast.
Saturday was a jam packed day. Lidia, my sister, and I started the day at Bare Essentials getting a makeover and Lidia was IN HEAVEN. Literally, smiling from ear to ear. She kept saying, "Pink! I'm so pretty! I love the sparkles!"
From there we went home, picked up Papa and sis, and headed to Ramsey's costume birthday party and Pump it Up. It was so fun!
We had to leave the party a little early because we were getting professional pics taken with the whole family for my mom's Mother's Day present! I'm so excited to see how they turned out, and of course will be showing them off hopefully sometime next week! Our pictures were taken outside, in a "downtown" area called Valley Junction. It's an old historic area that we live near with lots of shops and they also have a farmer's market every Thursday night.Well, on Saturday they just happened to be having a festival while we were getting pictures taken, so we decided to go out to eat after pictures and walk around looking at the little stands set up. By this time, it was close to the girls bedtime since they had been go go go nonstop all day. So we headed towards home and picked up a few movies to watch once the girls went to bed. But by 8pm, this is how everyone in my family looked... except me :)
Sunday was of course Mother's Day! I woke up to some yummy breakfast and some adorable coffee mugs that Matt and the girls made for me, and then we headed to church.
After church we went to a graduation party for my cousins in Newton. It was a great time seeing my mom's side of the family and of course, spending the rest of the day with my mom and my girls for Mother's Day! We ate yummy food, talked with family, and played at the park! Then we headed home and got some much needed relaxation the rest of the night! It was an exhausting (non-relaxing) Mother's Day weekend... but so much fun!

3 comments :

Shawna said...

Glad you had a nice Mother's Day---can't wait to see the pro pics! :-)

Kati Medick said...

Happy Mothers Day, Sweet Mama! Loves!
P.S. I decided to start blogging again instead of just getting on here to read everyone else's cool stories. I'm back in the game!!!

Joeylee said...

Looks like you had a wonderful mothers day. Can't wait to see the pro pics!