July 19, 2013

Family Birthday BBQ & VBS!

I mayyy take my girls' birthdays a little too far.
BUT THEY ARE MY BABES, right?!
We had Lidia's surprise birthday extravaganza on her acutal birthday, a family birthday BBQ on Sunday, their joint birthday party with friends is this Friday, and then Carly's birthday on Monday!
Whew. It's exhausting.
And to top it off, we have been at Vacation Bible School all week... which I'll get to in a minute.

Anyway, on Sunday, we had a family BBQ which turned into yet another "birthday party" for the girls. Except there was no cake involved, which I conclude to be a huge shame. Either way, we decided to get together because this year we decided to do big, joint presents for the girls birthdays' instead of several small presents. It worked out great! Anyway, there were three joint presents that we had to give the girls at our house so we decided to have a BBQ and give the presents to them then.

So it went a little something like this....
The first surprise was under that blanket....
What could it be?!
An outdoor wooden playhouse!
It has seriously been the best present ever!
My mom  went in on it with us and I was so happy to find it.
We went back and forth between a power wheels jeep, a trampoline, swingset, etc but finally found this gem.
It has served as the perfect babysitter this past week because all they want to do is play in it!
Yes, it's a little old... we did find it on Craigslist... but we aren't picky!
And they will destroy it anyway...
So win/win!
The pictures of the other surprise presents didn't turn out too well, but the girls also got a big swimming pool from Grandma Kiki, and a Nook (I-Pad type thing) from Aunt Bubba! Lidia is in love with her Nook, Carly could care less, and I can't get Papa off it either! After this weekend, I will definitely be burned out on birthdays!

Speaking of burned out, we are exhausted this week!
Why?
Because of Vacation Bible School!
But it's sooo worth it.
The girls' started VBS on Monday night and continue to go each night until Thursday.
This means that we have pretty much not been home at all at night this week.
I decided to volunteer at VBS and I'm so glad I did!
I get to see the girls, interact with other people in the church, and play with other kids too!
It's been fun, yet exhausting.
Here's Carly posing before her first night of VBS... don't ask me what this new pose thing is all about! ha!
And Lidia was clearly not in the mood...
HA!
The girls were seperated into different groups which is great, considering they are always together!
They've made a lot of new friends, which I love!
Here they are posing in front of their "family" names...
The theme of VBS is Athens, so everyone is in costumes...
And Lulu has been with us all week too!
"God loves us, yes it's true!"
Is one of their songs they've learned, and I've heard it alllll week long.
Better than "20 dollars in my pocket" eh?!


2 comments :

Mommy Mandy said...

That playhouse is seriously amazing!!

Joeylee said...

that play house is adorable. I want to get a little play house for the girls!