February 28, 2014

Our life in bullet points

*The great princess adventure
When I was younger, Ami my older sister, took me to Beauty and the Beast on ice. She told me to get dressed up fancy and didn't tell me where we were going. Actually I think she lied about where we were going and then I was surprised when we ended up at the show! Anyway, It was a special memory I will remember forever. So I knew we had to pass that tradition on to my girlies with their aunts. Well, Disney Junior Live was in town with Sophia the First, Doc McStuffins, and Jake and the Neverland Pirates.... so it was the perfect opportunity for the girls to go on a "surprise princess adventure" with their aunts. Aunt Ami, Aunt Chloe, and the girls got dressed up and were told they were going on a princess adventure but they didn't know where. I was NOT allowed to go with them. No mommies allowed. Ha! If you know me, I'm kind of obsessed with being there for everything with the kiddos and this was one of the first times I wasn't, so it was weird for me. But I'm glad they went and had fun and I hope the girls remember the memories forever! Here are pictures before they left for the show... dressed in princess gear of course!
*The dentist
The girls went to the dentist this week. This was Lidia's second time and Carly's first time. Carly's teeth looked perfect, which I assumed because she's obsessed with brushing her teeth so her teeth stay white. She will call you out if she thinks your teeth are yellow.. ha! But little Miss Lidia has two cavities that she has to get filled next month. Poor thing. The dentist told her "no more candy" and she is following directions! She tells everyone she sees that she isn't allowed to have candy anymore... good girl! :)
*Activities
The girls are both still in dance and doing great! But since we are members of the YMCA, we can sign up for classes for really cheap! So we decided to put each of the girls in their own separate class this winter. The classes only lasts about 6 weeks so it's great for this loooong winter that we are having! Anyway, Lidia was adamant about swim lessons, and Carly gets to do a tumbling class! It's great to have them in their own classes and a little bit more independent from each other.
*Health
Our family had been healthy with no sickness for almost a year! So, we knew we were due for some sickness to hit us. And it did. All of us got a 24 hour stomach bug one weekend. It went away just as fast as it came though, so that was good! Besides the quick bug we got, Lidia had been complaining of headaches for several weeks so I finally took her into the doctor, since they were becoming more frequent. Turns out she had a double ear infection. Not only was it an ear infection, it was "the worst infection I've ever seen" according to our pediatrician. She said her ear drum looked like a balloon and was about to burst. Luckily it did not, and we got her on antibiotics quickly.
*Lidia
Speaking of Lidia, she turned 4 1/2. She thinks this is a huge milestone. But really, her school just celebrated her half birthday (a month late, I might add... ha!) since her birthday is in the summer. BUT! She got to bring in treats and wear a ribbon, and she thought she was hot stuff. Apparently 4 1/2 year olds are completely different from 4 year olds and eat different things too. Who knew?! Speaking of turning older, I attended a parent meeting for kindergarten last week. I teared up 4 times throughout the whole thing because I'm crazy and not ready for all of that. So yeah. Kindergarten? Almost 5 years old? Who is this BIG GIRL?!
*And other stufffff
We went to a Valentine's Day Party at church with all of our friends...
We celebrated Collin's pirate birthday party at the bowling alley....
... and did the normal hang around the house, be crazy and obsessed with each other stuff too!

1 comment :

Joeylee said...

The girls look so pretty in those top pictures. I'm not ready to say n a couple months I'll have a kindergardner